New Audeze LCD3
Apr 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #5,416 of 11,521
Maybe it's sparkly toilet paper!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Received the LCD-3 - and first thing I did was to see if they had foam or filt behind the grill. It appears to be foam (since it "sparkles" in the light - and the filt on the LCD-2 does not). I haven´t removed the grill to verify...

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #5,418 of 11,521
Hm. I don't think so. Speaking of TP - maybe this thread should have gotten a tidy up  job. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,420 of 11,521
There's a not-so-secret poll somewhere else (I don't know how to make polls here.) Will post the results of the poll here.

Your "euro-chick on the phone next to scooter" is tied right now at 4 votes with "arnold"

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #5,424 of 11,521
I will have on confer with the judges on the interpretation of "street", whether it mean literally on a street, or out there on the streets. In Arnold's case, the photograph appears to have been taken in the hills of Calabasas, California, where the dirt could be easily be considered as the road or street.

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #5,425 of 11,521

I will have on confer with the judges on the interpretation of "street", whether it mean literally on a street, or out there on the streets. In Arnold's case, the photograph appears to have been taken in the hills of Calabasas, California, where the dirt could be easily be considered as the road or street.

Good.

I've been investigating the issue, and found that the visual impression of a "street" indeed can be a matter of subjective opinion. e.g:

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #5,427 of 11,521

Quote:

I've been investigating the issue, and found that the visual impression of a "street" indeed can be a matter of subjective opinion. e.g:

Are you not a native speaker of English? Just wondering because I think most would know this without investigating. Street or streets often just means outside and not necessarily an actual street in the technical sense. Plus it's Purrin who is giving away the prize and so he can modify the "rules" anytime he wants IMO, and pretty much tell anyone who disagress to F###-OFF.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #5,428 of 11,521

Quote:

Are you not a native speaker of English? Just wondering because I think most would know this without investigating. Street or streets often just means outsi
de and not necessarily an actual street in the technical sense. Plus it's Purrin who is giving away the prize and so he can modify the "rules" anytime he wants IMO, and pretty much tell anyone who disagress to F###-OFF.

I thinks it's just a set up for the pic

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #5,429 of 11,521
God forbid anyone actually has any fun around here.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #5,430 of 11,521

Quote:

I must underline that purrin in his contest rules specifically asked of the LCD-2/3 and RWA on the street, and although the contributions are indeed of high LOL quality, I cannot see a street 
tongue.gif

Quote:
^I must remind you that the original text for this contest included a LCD-3, RWA and a STREET......... 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I thinks it's just a set up for the pic

I understand that it's just a set up for the pic, but I get annoyed when people start niggling about technical definitions when others are just trying to have some fun/laughs. It was all for schiits and giggles and not about rules and technical definition of a street. Plus if ardilla really wanted to win $50 then he could have used a Borat thong photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back