New Audeze LCD3
Apr 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #5,296 of 11,521
Indeed, the rest of the chain does matter in alleviating fatigue. Tonal balance is part of it. Lack of distortion, especially up high is another.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #5,297 of 11,521

Quote:
Paradox are ever so slightly dark or neutral depending upon upstream gear. Maybe it's best to lay things out things comparatively rather than arguing what's neutral or not ... yet again. Then each of one of you can decide which one sounds most neutral or natural or whatever according to your own preferences.

Code:
 DARKER<--------------------------------------->BRIGHTER
Code:
 LCD3 < SR007 < Paradox ~ UERM < SR009 < HD800(unmodded)

or whatever tickles your fancy if you like absolutes (for illustration purposes only, not necessarily how I personally hear things):

Code:
 NEUTRAL<----------BRIGHT-------------->PAINFULLY BRIGHT
Code:
 LCD3 < SR007 < Paradox ~ UERM < SR009 < HD800(unmodded)

Google should make a universal translator so when JaMi says "neutral" it gets translated to "dark" in French.

LOL! JaMi happens to speak French (we just talked privately) and even lived in the same city as I for a while
beerchug.gif
. I guess we can blame it on the fact that he currently lives in the USA
etysmile.gif
(I did too but it was some 15+ years ago...). Seriously, we're cool on the subject and I am still in shock that I find my LCD-3 too dark while 5 months ago I was perfectly happy with my LCD-2 rev1
biggrin.gif
. Unless I had an exceptional pair, it tells me a lot about how the dark/bright chart is dependent on many factors, personal relative experience included...

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #5,298 of 11,521

The most important part of perceived audio quality is what is between your ears, not whats on them.. 

Quote:
........it tells me a lot about how the dark/bright chart is dependent on many factors, personal relative experience included...

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #5,299 of 11,521

Quote:
The most important part of perceived audio quality is what is between your ears, not whats on them.. 

That will only be as important as one allows it to be or is simply unaware.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #5,305 of 11,521
Hmm....Just a question, I just got mine and when i put them on, I hear a sound like a crumpled plastic bag or something. The sound comes the cups a pushed against my head, which would cause a slight amount of air pressure i suppose...Just sounds strange...

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #5,309 of 11,521
The 007 is appr 370 grams, the HD650 260 grams - so the Senns are the most weightless. I found the lacking ability for the cups to swivel an issue. The HD650 clamp (which easily is a non issue after the standard anti clamp procedure) is the only uncomfortable issue with it. 

My reason for posting the notes you refer to is to illustrate that something as well recommended (faigue-wise) as the 007 isn't necessarily ideal for all.

But by all means - it's a he** of a headphone, and I would really like to listen to it on something like the Blue Hawaii or Woo WES. 
Quote:

Odd.  Like MF, fatiguing is the last word I'd use for the MKI too.  It's also practically weightless, and I'm surprised you found the HD650s more comfortable in your notes.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #5,310 of 11,521
I sometimes can hear is some resonnance from the cables tangling. Not like a plastic bag though, more like a slight deep rumbling. The stax 007 has the same thing. It's a vacuum effect /sealed membrane issue I think. 

Hmm, ok - its definitely not cable noise, but rather the vacuum thing...It just seems a bit worrying to me if a membrane the thickness of..well..thin air pretty much, makes a sound like that. Seems sort of unhealthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back