New Audeze LCD3
Feb 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4,081 of 11,521

Why do people always call BS on something when they haven't actually tried it?     To me that's BS.

I have owned my gryphon exorcist since 1998 as I had my home audio also from Gryphon.
Until now I still using my Gryphon Exorcist to demagtised my Audio Gears
It is better to try by your self , hearing is believing .
For me the gryphon exorcist is work and helpful for demagtised my audio gear , if I hear
The sound is not so clear , than I use this exorcist .
According to Gryphon I use one week one time or 5 times on and off my audio gears .

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #4,083 of 11,521
Feb 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #4,084 of 11,521
Quote:
Why do people always call BS on something when they haven't actually tried it?     To me that's BS.

I can't speak to their motivations, but these type of naysayers do like to shift the burden of proof.

For instance, that Mad as Hell guy: "Try as I might (and many others before me), I have never been able to measure any distortion in any wire or cable."

So that statement automatically negates anybody's opinion that hears a difference with a high-end cable and appreciates it? Not everything can be measured, and even if it could be not all types of distortion are undesirable.

Quote:

George Cardas said of his Stan Ricker record:

"A: It works the same as any degaussing system. A high amplitude sine decays slowly into silence. Mine also sweeps at the same time, but most degaussers work in the same way, whether they are a flux buster or a tape head [demagnetizer]. The main difference here is by using the record as the source you degauss the whole system end to end and degauss the cartridge in the position in which it is played."

This DeMagic CD seems to operate on the same principle as the Stan Ricker record. The Gryphon Exorcist seems to be another approach with the same (degaussing) goal in mind.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #4,085 of 11,521
Quote:

WarriorAnt I have owned one of these many years ago, along with Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Diamond Resonators, Tube Traps, Purple Cable Jackets and load of other BS. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #4,086 of 11,521
Dear all head fier  friends 

I am sorry to make trouble  Audeze LCD 3 discussion with gryphon exorcist .

I use the gryphon exorcist is my personal use. And try to share my experience , not more than this 

I hope all stay with the main topic LCD 3 veiled problem .

Thank you 

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #4,087 of 11,521
Rudi,

Doesn't matter what anyone says.

If you hear it and they don't, it could be that they don't have hearing as acute as you.

Just because we're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get us.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #4,088 of 11,521

Quote:
Rudi,

Doesn't matter what anyone says.

If you hear it and they don't, it could be that they don't have hearing as acute as you.

Just because we're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get us.

We just need to be demagnetized.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #4,089 of 11,521
That opinion will polarise Headfi.

Just as much as the LCD-3 polarises Headfi.

(Just to bring us back on topic).

Otherwise it will all be to no a-veil................. tee hee...!!!

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #4,090 of 11,521
Hoping to join the party next week. Getting a demo set send out and cannot be any happier. Until I get them in and have to compare the LCD2 with the 3. I have chatted with Alex in the past few days and I really like him. Seems sincere and would do anything for someone he doesn't even no outside of the digital worked. He is a staple in the EDM scene and I fell I like the LCD series since they appear(to me) to be tailored to electronic music. I have had my mind blown daily since I received the rev 2. Are the 3's going to be better? We will see. I understand there are issues when something new comes out and the qa has not been on par with the bigger name companies. Alex is taking care of it and Audeze will be back on top. I'm not that old to know but have any other major headphone maker just roll out something new and never had problems? I'm sure they did but before the Internet blew up, how the hell where you to know what a veil was?

Long story  short, give the guys some time to get it right. They are doing their best to fix the situation

Ambien has me rambling, and making it hard to type. ill have to come back in the morning to see what ive done. And dont blame me, blame my doctor.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #4,091 of 11,521
Feb 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #4,092 of 11,521

Quote:
Quote:

WarriorAnt I have owned one of these many years ago, along with Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Diamond Resonators, Tube Traps, Purple Cable Jackets and load of other BS. 
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the reply.  I myself am a bit skeptical about The Gryphon Exorcist but I will hold judgement until I've tried one, but I do respect that you tried it and found that it didn't work, however Tube traps do work.  I've used tube traps in studio situations and they can really do the job, often amazingly so.    Room Tunes tune packs are another excellent acoustic implementation especially the  triangles you can put up in the corners of the room.  I actually picked up a copy of The Master Handbook of Acoustics 4th addition today to brush up on room acoustics again being that I'm headed back into the speaker realm and out of the headphone paradigm and I'm going to acoustically treat a new listening room in my house for a set of Gallo Stradas and a subwoofer.   A good chapter to read is chapter 18 page 403 the Listening Room:Low Frequencies. It covers Control of Modal Resonances, Bass Traps for The Listening Room and Modal colorations.    Bass Traps can have their place in the sonic landscape of a room if used correctly. They are tricky to use because half the cylinder is basically used to trap or absorb frequencies 400 Hz and below while the other half reflects frequencies 400 Hz and up back into the room.  Turning the reflective side correctly allows both absobstion of the lower frequencies and reflection of higher frequencies back into the room making the trap act as absorption and diffusion devices.  It can take patience.  

I'm mostly concerned now about the Mid-High Frequency energies overloading a small room and hope to create my own panels as soon as I locate materials that have known frequency reflection and absorption rates.  

Back to the Room Tune Tune Packs.  Too expensive for me but they can really help a room.  Iv'e used them in the past on a few rooms.  

The triangles up in the corners have one side reflective and one side absorption.  Up in the corners they absorb high frequencies that tend to creating a good deal of ringing of the high frequencies.  Go to the corner of a room raise your hands upward and clap. You'll hear the ringing I'm talking about. Nasty stuff.  Triangles take care of that.  I usually employ four of them.  The panels up near the ceiling in the middle of the room.  Those take care of slap echo. The long vertical panels in the corners also take care of ringing of frequency build up.   Of the three types the Triangles are essential.

Sorry if this is way off topic but I thought the thread could use a break for all the are my 3's veiled or not  veiled talk.  Plus I have a love for  acoustics and can go on all day about it.

Purple Cable Jackets?   I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's BS.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #4,094 of 11,521
The triangles up in the corners have one side reflective and one side absorption.  Up in the corners they absorb high frequencies that tend to creating a good deal of ringing of the high frequencies.  Go to the corner of a room raise your hands upward and clap. You'll hear the ringing I'm talking about. Nasty stuff.  Triangles take care of that.  I usually employ four of them.  The panels up near the ceiling in the middle of the room.  Those take care of slap echo. The long vertical panels in the corners also take care of ringing of frequency build up.   Of the three types the Triangles are essential.

Warrior ant, you may have been fed horse s. in regards to the sound package pack. Reason is that typical room (e.g not a perfect cube) reflections at mid/high frequencies are really not due to the corners but a result of the characteristics of each wall surface. The effective room properties are affected by the absorptive performance of the material you place in it and its surface area. Location doesn't matter unless you're trying to reduce reflections from a particular region such as back wall. In the present case, I believe WAF was really the main consideration to decide on the placement (nobody's hanging a frame in the corners :wink: ).

At lower frequencies though, corners and edges have indeed much influence and this is where bass traps need to be placed to tackle the first resonances in the room.

My apologies for the off topic but I couldn't resist :).

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4,095 of 11,521
This is awesome!  I can't keep track if I'm in the HD700 or LCD3 thread.  
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back