New Audeze LCD3
Feb 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #3,946 of 11,521
Well I am no longer a lcd3 owner. They did have some nice qualities that I will miss, but I can be patient and wait for the lcd4. It also gives me money to spend on other cans. The bass and soundstage were nice, but I couldnt live with the treble. It was something I thought they fixed with the lcd2r2, but unfortunately they kinda went backwards with it.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3,948 of 11,521
Maybe the veil has been lifted....................
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #3,949 of 11,521

Quote:
Many thanks for the translation,Takezo. Now with the technology revealed, I'm sure the DIY'ers will be all over this!

no problems. just hope people take precaution and care with this knowledge, cause if misused, the
world as we know it will stink.

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #3,950 of 11,521
Quote:
Well I am no longer a lcd3 owner. They did have some nice qualities that I will miss, but I can be patient and wait for the lcd4. It also gives me money to spend on other cans. The bass and soundstage were nice, but I couldnt live with the treble. It was something I thought they fixed with the lcd2r2, but unfortunately they kinda went backwards with it.

So the extra extension of the treble was negligible to you?  I echo your sentiment in one respect, I feel like the best way for me to move closer to an LCD-3 sound would be to buy an LCD2 R1 -- (minus a slightly larger soundstage and much heavier wallet)

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #3,951 of 11,521
Quote:
Why is this?  I've haven't been following this thread religiously but didn't Audeze say there were issues so why is it puzzling that some people have bad ones and a good percentage have good ones?

I'm having a hard time digging up their response, but I remember they acknowledged driver issues more related to failures than veiled sound and nothing about the earpads. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming.

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #3,952 of 11,521
I sent the pictures of the pads and the comments from our Detroit meet to TTVJ. He said he will make sure to talk to Audeze about it. Hopefully they will check on that.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #3,953 of 11,521

Quote:
Why is this?  I've haven't been following this thread religiously but didn't Audeze say there were issues so why is it puzzling that some people have bad ones and a good percentage have good ones?

I think the issues which Audeze had mentioned were the problem some had of their LCD-3 drivers cutting in and out. Now that was a real problem and I believe there were quite a few returns/replacements because of that. Audeze has not explicitly admitted that some LCD-3s sound veiled as compared to others.

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #3,954 of 11,521

Quote:
Some people want to justify their purchase and feel good about it.  It's natural, I guess.

And likewise to those who don't own one.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #3,956 of 11,521

Are you implying that I'm trying to bring down the LCD-3 because I don't own one?

That's based on the same assumptions you had made with your post earlier.. Which I find completely irrational.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #3,957 of 11,521

Quote:
That's based on the same assumptions you had made with your post earlier.. Which I find completely irrational.

How rational is your original post where you claimed that you're puzzled by the reports of the veil, as if you're skeptical of its existence?  Given all the problems that LCD-3s have experienced so far and the first hand comparisons provided by individuals who've owned both veiled and normal pairs, do you really think people are pulling the claims out of thin air?

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #3,958 of 11,521
I'm confused as well, since I've never heard any "veiled" LCD3s. Not being skeptical, just speaking the fact. Your post on the other hand is not appropriate, IMO.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #3,959 of 11,521
Are the new production LCD3s start to be shipped out now? Would be interesting to compare them with the first batch.

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #3,960 of 11,521

Quote:
How rational is your original post where you claimed that you're puzzled by the reports of the veil, as if you're skeptical of its existence?  Given all the problems that LCD-3s have experienced so far and the first hand comparisons provided by individuals who've owned both veiled and normal pairs, do you really think people are pulling the claims out of thin air?

As I had mentioned several posts back, I take, with a pinch of salt, posts which are subjective claiming that the LCD-3 sound veiled. I think I may have been lucky as I have not experienced this 'veil' with my LCD-3. Do I believe that it exist? Possibly. But I would really like to A/B various LCD-3s myself so that I personally experience this phenomenon first hand.

Quote:
Are the new production LCD3s start to be shipped out now? Would be interesting to compare them with the first batch.

Besides the fixing of driver issues (i.e. cutting in and out), I don't think there will be other 'improvements' to the LCD-3. Only time will tell. I hope there won't be a LCD-3 r1 and LCD-3 r2 situation. That will really get out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back