New Audeze LCD3
Dec 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #2,566 of 11,521

D7000 has been faithfull for 2 years, had to give it some love :)
But LCD-3 is where its at :)

Quote:
Quote:

Negative Ghostrider.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #2,567 of 11,521

Quote:
Quote:

Negative Ghostrider.

I love it when people say that. It can put a damper on the mode, however. 
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2,569 of 11,521
Quote:
HiFiMAN will recreate jade, electrostatic. It is to be said a competitor of 009 but substantially cheaper.

Interesting, I've been toying with a Jade/WEE desire for a while now.

Quote:
when I spoke to Head-Direct last, they didn't even know what I was talking about when I mentioned HeAudio. I had to link them to their own website. They certainly had no clue when they would ever (IF they would ever) see more products from them.

It sure seems like they have at least one pair available for sale, they have for some time now where you can click and buy.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #2,570 of 11,521

Quote:
Can somebody please tell me the differences between LCD-3 and LCD-2 rev 2? I've only heard the rev.2 and a friend of mine told me the rev.1 sounds congested compared... 

Here's my two cents:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-the-lcd-3-and-the-lcd-2-rev-2

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #2,571 of 11,521

Quote:
Here's my two cents:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-the-lcd-3-and-the-lcd-2-rev-2

Yes, MH, you summed it up quite nicely. Good read as well. 
smile.gif
 I might only be 16 years of age, but I love headphones, even if my friends think it's a little "off"....

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #2,572 of 11,521

Quote:
Yes, MH, you summed it up quite nicely. Good read as well. 
smile.gif
 I might only be 16 years of age, but I love headphones, even if my friends think it's a little "off"....

Thanks.

When I was sixteen, all I thought about were girls (and spent my hard earned money on). Now that I'm a few months away from 40 (married with two kids), I don't regret that in any way.
smile.gif

But its great that you have such an appreciation of great sound and music at such a young age.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2,573 of 11,521

Quote:

Thanks.

When I was sixteen, all I thought about were girls (and spent my hard earned money on). Now that I'm a few months away from 40 (married with two kids), I don't regret that in any way.
smile.gif

But its great that you have such an appreciation of great sound and music at such a young age.

Oh trust me, I still think about girls a ton. Just like my other friends are addicted to basketball or Pokemon (Yes my friends still play that, and I do sometimes as well, for the amazing nostalgia I get from it, haha), I'm addicted to audio and headphones. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #2,574 of 11,521

Quote:
Oh trust me, I still think about girls a ton. Just like my other friends are addicted to basketball or Pokemon (Yes my friends still play that, and I do sometimes as well, for the amazing nostalgia I get from it, haha), I'm addicted to audio and headphones. 

That's good.
bigsmile_face.gif

Pokemon? wow...yep, I'd take good audio over Pokemon. My 7 year old daughter is quite a fan of the game.
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #2,575 of 11,521

Quote:
That's good.
bigsmile_face.gif

Pokemon? wow...yep, I'd take good audio over Pokemon. My 7 year old daughter is quite a fan of the game.
tongue.gif

I played it when I was 5-10. Tried it for a few days last week and the amount of nostalgia is quite awesome. It's like "wow, this is what I played as a kid?". Still, audio's better. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2,576 of 11,521
You can always hook up your 3DS/NDS to the Liquid Fire, Balancing Act or B22 and play Pokemon using the LCD3.  

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #2,577 of 11,521
[size=11.0pt]I’ve listened to the LCD-3 for a night.
The next day, I left some music playing to burn in, came back in the night, and the Right channel of the headphones was not playing.
I immediately started to panic after paying so much $$ for the product.
I took out the original ¼” Cable that came with the headphones and tested with that, and the right channel still would not play.
I tested my equipment with my old denon to make sure its not my equipment, and both channels in the Denon’s played fine.

I then lowered the volume of the left channel completely, and independently tested the right channel.
I slowly raised the volume of the right channel and eventually it kicked in and started playing.

I then brought both channels back to the same level, and proceeded with more test.
And the right channel would stop playing, then start back, then stops again.
It’s currently not playing…[/size]

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #2,579 of 11,521

Quote:
The next day, I left some music playing to burn in, came back in the night, and the Right channel of the headphones was not playing.
I took out the original ¼” Cable that came with the headphones and tested with that, and the right channel still would not play.
I tested my equipment with my old denon to make sure its not my equipment, and both channels in the Denon’s played fine.

I then lowered the volume of the left channel completely, and independently tested the right channel.
I slowly raised the volume of the right channel and eventually it kicked in and started playing.

I then brought both channels back to the same level, and proceeded with more test.

Just have to be patient now, contact Audeze.  They'll take care of you but you're going to lose some time in the exchange.

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #2,580 of 11,521

Quote:

I had a similar experience with my LCD3s, with the left channel not playing properly (i.e. sound cutting in and out). But i had noticed this problem within the first week of receiving them. I had suspected that it may be due to a weak connection joint in the phones. Audeze replaced mine with a new pair and now it works perfectly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back