New ATH-M50
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #76 of 79

Quote:
I just picked up the M50s and am burning them in, but so far I am not impressed. They are very flat sounding, which is NOT what I was going for.

Why is it that people are so against EQ-ing around here? Just EQ a little of the low end, and trust me, you'll find that the M50s can go VERY low and deep. Whether EQ, or bass boosting, the M50s are NO slouch in bass. Save money, EQ.

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #78 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNHchabo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to wonder how much research you did then... I bought the M50s knowing that they had a flat response, with a slight boost in bass.

Looking at the thread you started, it sounds like you're looking for bass-heavy headphones. While the M50s give a good amount of bass detail, for sheer quantity of bass, there are better options out there.

Fortunately though, you should be able to sell your M50s for close to what you paid for them; they're popular enough on here that someone will take them, especially in like-new condition.

I researched them quite a bit (a few weeks). They are sounding much better now and I'm feeling better about this purchase. (I was pissed when I listened to them after first buying them and plugging them in). Right now, they still sound pretty similar to the Pro 700. There are plenty of threads here with conflicting statements about these phones, but I guess it must be true that these sound MUCH better after burn in.... I will report back in later... Also, yea I was looking for some bass heavy phones. I already have the AD900 which is great, but too light for some music I listen too. Do you have any suggestions for me? I've also been thinking about DT770s and some Ultrasones.

I hope by Pro 700 you don't mean DBI Pro700?!  Those couldn't be further from the M50 sound signature if you tried.  The 700 reminds me of an Ety ER4 and the M50 reminds me of the monster MD w/ less forward mids.

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #79 of 79

Quote:
You're right. I have been tinkering with them since I last wrote that and I'm very impressed!

Woops just saw that.  Burn in changed them or EQ to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back