New around here
May 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #31 of 49
Why don't you buy them from a place that has a good 30 day return policy. You'll most likely keep them but it will make spending the $400 a lot less scary.

May 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #33 of 49
They do look pretty cool and while I don't know enough about them to even give you an educated response, vmoda doesn't have exactly the best reputation for sounding amazing. Function over form for me, but to each his own... Hopefully someone will chime in who has heard these. Have you done a search yet on here for reviews on them?

May 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #34 of 49

Quote:
Yeah I suppose I could but my friend was showing me a different pair of cans and I love the way they look.

It's these

Those do look nice, but I've heard you can do better in the price range.  But still, if you really like the way they look, it's no big deal.  It definitely wouldn't hurt to try them out.  If there's a local apple store where you live, I think they have ones you can audition (unless you can try out the ones your friend has...well, if he actually has them).

May 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #35 of 49
They're not too bad for the price, and they are indeed sexy.

I gave them a quick listen at the Apple store and for a good looking can, they're definitely not bad. Although...TMA-1...Form and Function.

Quote:
Those do look nice, but I've heard you can do better in the price range.  But still, if you really like the way they look, it's no big deal.  It definitely wouldn't hurt to try them out.  If there's a local apple store where you live, I think they have ones you can audition (unless you can try out the ones your friend has...well, if he actually has them).

May 11, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #37 of 49
get the HFI-580, you will not regret the decission.

May 11, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #38 of 49
HFI-580's seem to be Ultrasone's new darling. Everybody is so fond of it I think I might have to give it a listen again sometime soon.

May 11, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #39 of 49
I really think they are ONE of the best from the HFI line, the 2200 being my other favorite. They are soooo much more tame than the others, more bass, and I really didn't like the squeeky supersonic peak in the highend of the others.

May 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #40 of 49
They compared them to Beats by Dr Dre...

I'm running away from them now, I do really like the way the 900 Pro's look and I imagine the bass is amazing so my techno will rock my world like never before.

But I will look at the HFI-580's too because they are much cheaper.

May 12, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #41 of 49
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if I should break the 900 Pros in when I get them or just let them get there naturally?
I again don't have a real amp for theses but really a nice on-board sound card from my motherboard.

I also see them on Amazon for ~400 USD is that a good price? I was going to get overnight shipping for $4 more :D

May 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #42 of 49

I mean...they technically do get there naturally. All you need to do is play music through them at your regular listening level.

I'd suggest letting them run (and listening to them when you want, of course) for 100 hours. After that make your final judgements. I've found that if you don't like the sound then, you won't after another 300.

EDIT: Can't help on the price front, although that seems pretty good from what I've seen.
Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if I should break the 900 Pros in when I get them or just let them get there naturally?
I again don't have a real amp for theses but really a nice on-board sound card from my motherboard.

I also see them on Amazon for ~400 USD is that a good price? I was going to get overnight shipping for $4 more :D

May 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #43 of 49
Hopefully my last question, is it necessary for me to get an amp?
I would rather get a nice one later then a cheap one now just to get by, I'm not sure if they have an adapter to fit 1/8 or whatever the standard analog plugin size is.

And what would be a nice clip on mic nothing crazy just need a simple one so I can chat on Teamspeak and such.

May 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #44 of 49

Zalman makes a decent clip on mic that a lot of people I know use.

Also. I'd suggest the Astro MixAmp if you play a lot of video games. It'll give you some extra kick in the Pro 900 and has Optical, Coax, and USB ins. It'll also allow you to consolidate your mic and headphone ins like you would on a desktop so you don't have a mic cord plugged into your PC, and your headphones plugged into an amp.

EDIT:
Mic http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microphone-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone/dp/B00029MTMQ
MixAmp http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-usb

Quote:
Hopefully my last question, is it necessary for me to get an amp?
I would rather get a nice one later then a cheap one now just to get by, I'm not sure if they have an adapter to fit 1/8 or whatever the standard analog plugin size is.

And what would be a nice clip on mic nothing crazy just need a simple one so I can chat on Teamspeak and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back