New around here
May 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Excision

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a forums dedicated to audio quality discussion and I chose you guys :D

I'm currently using some gaming headset for everything but I wanted a dedicated headset for my tunes, I really enjoy Techno (as a blanket term for all things electronic/dance) and dubstepy.

I'm mostly a newbie when it comes to picking the best for my budget so I was wondering if you guys would help me pick ^_^
My budget is ~400 USD I could stretch it but only if the gains would be significant.

May 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 49
Okay, so by "headset" do you mean with a mic?  When you say "dedicated" it seems to imply that you mean normal headphones, though.

If your'e looking for actual headsets your choices are quite limited, but there's a ridiculous amount of choice out there for normal headphones.

So onto the suggestions - do you like lots of bass with your headphones?  i.e. is bass your main focus or do you want something that's well-balanced?  Also, is comfort/looks a major factor here?

May 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 49

Quote:
Okay, so by "headset" do you mean with a mic?  When you say "dedicated" it seems to imply that you mean normal headphones, though.

If your'e looking for actual headsets your choices are quite limited, but there's a ridiculous amount of choice out there for normal headphones.

So onto the suggestions - do you like lots of bass with your headphones?  i.e. is bass your main focus or do you want something that's well-balanced?  Also, is comfort/looks a major factor here?

My current set are very comfy so the next pair should be close, I currently use Razer Megalodon's for gaming and chatting.

So sorry, I mean't headphones I don't need another set with a mic.

May 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 49

Quote:
$400. 

The HFI-780's could be perfect. 

IMO go for the HFI-580, pretty close sound, cheeper, and no where near as harsh. Do not Be fooled people say detailed, I herd only harsh squeelyness.

May 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #11 of 49
ph34r.gif

May 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 49
I second the Ultrasone recommendation. If you can find them within your budget online, get the Pro 900's. It will most likely be more headphone than you will ever need and (hopefully for your sake) the last headphone you ever buy. Just stay away from here haha.

May 8, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #13 of 49
I second the Ultrasone recommendation. If you can find them within your budget online, get the Pro 900's. It will most likely be more headphone than you will ever need and (hopefully for your sake) the last headphone you ever buy. Just stay away from here haha.

I agree. Stay far away from here. This is an awful place lol

May 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #15 of 49
Yes sir, those are them. Great thing about Ultrasones is that they don't need an amp to sound fantastic. You'll love the pro900, especially for electronica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back