New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Sep 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #307 of 325

Quote:
I just upgraded to DBA-02
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it a big improvement? 

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #309 of 325
I own both the SuperFi 5 and the RE0 and I must say the SuperFi 5 sounds down right rubbish compared to the RE0.

-SuperFi 5 sounds more muddy and the mid-range feels a bit veiled to my tastes. It has a more darker sound signature.
-RE0 has a lot more clarity and is a lot more transparent, can handle complicated music a lot better.
-SuperFi 5 has more bass, but RE0 has more quality bass and sounds less 'one-toned' than the SuperFi 5s.

This so called 'top-fire armature' crap Logitech's marketing department has came up gives people the impression that the soundstage of the SuperFi 5 is impressive, well it isn't and don't ever expect a canalphone to have a good soundstage ever due to obvious reasons. People say RE0s have a 'small' soundstage and if this is the case then all I have to say is that soundstaging is over-hyped, especially for canalphones.

The sad thing is the RE0s are cheaper than the SuperFi 5s. At least I got some complys with my SuperFi 5s that I can use on better canalphones.

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #311 of 325
Hi Everyone,

I want to sell my Superfi 5vi.
I bought them on amazon for 69$, just 1month back.

If ayone here is interested i am willing to sell them for 50$+shipping.
They are in brand new condition. Will chare the Pics if any one want.

Regards,

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #313 of 325
I'm looking for some nice Universals to use when I don't want to bring my JH 5's everywhere. These might be them!

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #314 of 325
Don't bother. There are better IEMs for this price, believe me. I had them once and returned them in 3 days. And I also have JH5s. You won't want to leave them home. I can't even listen to anything else, so I sold all my decent backup IEMs and just kept a couple of cheap pairs (Sony EX300, JVC FXC80s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back