New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #288 of 325
Quote:
Do these need any burn-in? if yes, what is the best way to burn in these?

Without a doubt, yes. They were very light on bass when I first got them. IIRC, someone mentioned this in here so I just took them off and ran em for 4 days straight. When I put them back on they had "matured." :D I looped some Trance, Pop, and Classical @ normal listening levels.

Quote:
I have plugged them on my laptop and also i tried with my Nokia 5800.
Its strange that I am missing a channel completly if i plug them to my Nokia 5800. I have to pull back the jack about 1MM and it works fine.

is there anything that these will be sounding good only for iPhone or iPod?

Notebooks are packed tight and w/ little regard to audio fidelity, so I'm sure it's not a perfect scenario. That said, you were ok w/ your previous headphones, so it should be enough for you to decide if you like the new UE's.

As far as the phone is concerned, I had to do the same thing w/ my DROID 1. The DROID Incredible would flip out and skip a track or activate voice command if I turned the jack, so phones being finicky doesn't surprise me anymore.

Why not get yourself a Zune HD? I can assure you that device has a very nice headphone out.

Quote:
This will be reissued as UE 600

Well, that makes sense to me. I've had the 3's, these 5 v2's, and now the TF10. To my ears the 5's were right between the 3's and the 10's.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #290 of 325
Ok now i think i understood what a muddy bass is, when i listen to a song which is having high pitch in it, the earphones are kind of not clear. is it called muddy bass?

should we do burn in to rectifi this? how to perform a burn in?

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #292 of 325

Quote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. What makes the superfi 5vi so special then if they are just sounding the same as EP630? May be i am new to all this, but am i missing something here? it would be great if you can through some light.

spend some time listening to some high quality songs, things you have ripped from your own cd's and no EQ.  after maybe a week of only using the sf5 and the high quality songs give the ep630 a try and you should hear very clearly what the difference is.

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #293 of 325
Thanks all for youe help. May be i should have some patience then, to get used to these
L3000.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #294 of 325

Quote:
Thanks all for youe help. May be i should have some patience then, to get used to these
L3000.gif

First of all, bass is the low frequencies. When it is muddy bass guitars come out like subwoofer. Best way to check Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire. If the bass sound terrible with that, then they are being overpowered.
The best thing for the headphones is FLAC. Really easy to tell the difference with some Metallica tracks, A-B, 192kbps and FLAC.
What I hate about them is a lack of emphasis on anything but I guess I can get used to it.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #295 of 325
Quote:
L3000.gif

Or you could do what I did and set them aside for four days. :D Instead of a gradual change, I had new headphones when I put them on 96 hours later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mralexosborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really easy to tell the difference with some Metallica tracks, A-B, 192kbps and FLAC.

Oh man, don't tell me that. :frowning2: I signed up for the Zune pass a few months back and have REALLY gotten used to being able to have anything I want instantly. The only downside is 192Kbps WMA's. I'm afraid if I do this, I'll not be as happy w/ the Zune pass anymore.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #296 of 325

Quote:

Or you could do what I did and set them aside for four days. :D Instead of a gradual change, I had new headphones when I put them on 96 hours later.

Oh man, don't tell me that. :frowning2: I signed up for the Zune pass a few months back and have REALLY gotten used to being able to have anything I want instantly. The only downside is 192Kbps WMA's. I'm afraid if I do this, I'll not be as happy w/ the Zune pass anymore.

Haha, it isn't bad. Just listen "Ride the Lightning" and "And Justice for All" (the albums) and you will see. I hear from a little birdie those are available remastered and in FLAC on Isohunt, if that's your kinda thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back