New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Jul 24, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #274 of 325
Yeah, there is no "v1" or "v2" - it's just that Ultimate Ears chose that confusing "Super.Fi 5" name without any suffix for those phones, while the "Pro" and "EB" have been around for a long time. People here on the forum coined the "v2" nickname to prevent confusion... or to create some more. :wink:

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #276 of 325
I ordered these for $50. Coming in on Thursday. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #277 of 325
Hi,

i bought the Superfi 5vi from Amazon.com and they are not actually sounding very good. The bass is not actually very great. Frankly speeking, they are just sounding the same as Creative EP 630 which i had.

Do these need any burn-in? if yes, what is the best way to burn in these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if this is not the right thread, request you to please point me to the right one.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #278 of 325
Just listen to music normally with them, don't do anything drastic or high-volume. (Most armature drivers don't change over time, but with the SF5v2 I did notice some changes in the first few hours.) It might also take your ears/brain some time to get accustomed to the new sound.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #279 of 325

Quote:
Hi,

i bought the Superfi 5vi from Amazon.com and they are not actually sounding very good. The bass is not actually very great. Frankly speeking, they are just sounding the same as Creative EP 630 which i had.

Do these need any burn-in? if yes, what is the best way to burn in these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if this is not the right thread, request you to please point me to the right one.

they wont need a burn in but your ears will.  coming from the ep630 (bass monsters) your ears are so used to tones of bass that it now feels like there is none.

drink some Coke, its super sugary and sweet isnt it.  eat a Mars bar then take another drink of Coke and see how sweet it tastes.  your ears are just too used to the Mars bars right now, thats all.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #280 of 325
I'm not sure about burn in but the SF5v2 sounded MUCH better after a lot of use(bass is much better though I'm not sure if that's attributed to changing the tips to MEE triple flange).  As far as "getting used to them", I've actually been using my UE700s more often.  Maybe just sounds better because of the lack of bass in the UE700s?

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #281 of 325

they wont need a burn in but your ears will.  coming from the ep630 (bass monsters) your ears are so used to tones of bass that it now feels like there is none.

drink some Coke, its super sugary and sweet isnt it.  eat a Mars bar then take another drink of Coke and see how sweet it tastes.  your ears are just too used to the Mars bars right now, thats all.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #282 of 325

Quote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. What makes the superfi 5vi so special then if they are just sounding the same as EP630? May be i am new to all this, but am i missing something here? it would be great if you can through some light.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #283 of 325
I must admit, I am not too impressed either. I am coming from the Shure SE110's. They are still not too shabby for the $50 I paid.
If you have them plugged into a PC that could be your problem.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #284 of 325

Quote:
If you have them plugged into a PC that could be your problem.

I have plugged them on my laptop and also i tried with my Nokia 5800.
Its strange that I am missing a channel completly if i plug them to my Nokia 5800. I have to pull back the jack about 1MM and it works fine.

is there anything that these will be sounding good only for iPhone or iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back