New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Jan 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #256 of 325
I just picked these up at fry's for 99. I was pretty amazed that they even carried UEs.

I once owned the Super-fi 5 pros but sold them here after they killed my ears. I bought some super-fi 3s on closeout from RadioShack in late 2006 and those have been my daily use IEMs for the office. Got tired of 'em, and wanted to upgrade so when I saw these I decided to pick em 'up.

My impressions are pretty much the same as everyone else.......nice soundstage, great detail, but thinner bass than I was expecting. Not enough to make me take 'em back or anything. For 99 bucks, though? Can't beat these with a stick if you are looking for a good clear IEM for around 100 or less.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #257 of 325
Another eBay seller listing these in "bulk" for USD65 and free shipping if you're in the US (~USD25 if you're not).
Just received mine today and compared with my previous SFs they seem to be the real thing physically. Initial sound quality is a definite improvement over the old earphones though. Wouldn't hurt to have a closeup shot of someone else's right ear bud since you can see through the housing.
Still, gotta wonder where these are coming from (seller also sells boxed UEs) since amazon has them for USD133.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #258 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another eBay seller listing these in "bulk" for USD65 and free shipping if you're in the US (~USD25 if you're not).
Just received mine today and compared with my previous SFs they seem to be the real thing physically. Initial sound quality is a definite improvement over the old earphones though. Wouldn't hurt to have a closeup shot of someone else's right ear bud since you can see through the housing.
Still, gotta wonder where these are coming from (seller also sells boxed UEs) since amazon has them for USD133.

This seller is actually selling 7 of the older version(not the amazon batch) of triplefis 10 for like 150 usd. Despite him having such high feedback, is he legit?
redface.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #259 of 325
No idea, since the eBay seller in the fake IE8 thread also had near perfect feedback apparently. But I've never seen fake UEs (that were actually delivered not just fake listings) before so these are probably just backstock or at worst fell off some truck somewhere.
But I definitely can't see any major/obvious flaws like you would with the fake Sennheiser earphones, pretty much the same material/quailty as my old SF4s like I said before. Just need to compare the internal components.

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #260 of 325
Did I make an mistake??

For about 8 months now I am using the Sennheiser CX-500 GAMING.
Bought them in an discount for about 25 euro’s, not really knowing what I’ve bought.

Now I was in the market for a good quality in ear with a good sound range in all the sorts of music I like (a lot of different music types) with an mic capability to use it on my iPhone as well.

Searching the web and reading a lot of forums I decided to buy the Super.Fi 5 vi on eBay for about 85 dollar (bulk packaging), including shipping cost 89 euro’s (I hope I don’t have to pay VAT en custom’s handling because that’ll add a few euros).

But did I make an mistake?
I found this forum, and it seems that the CX-500 is a good pair of in-ears as well?
Are the super fi’s an improvement??

I am hoping for clearer richer sounds, no background hiss during low volume and a nicer bass (not a harder bass, but a more “real” bass).

I hope someone has experience?

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #261 of 325
Feb 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #262 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i suggest you get them at this store:

*:: mp3-player.de :: In-Ear-Kopfhörer :: jetzt günstig bestellen ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** *******

they're 80€ without shipping and should be about the same ammount with shipping...

never actually bought anything from this store, but have heard good things about it...

If you are replying to me; I've already bought the headphones on eBay.
The link to the store in Germany sells the Super.Fi 5 vi for 120 euro's + 13 euro's for shipping, so about 130 euro's.

I hope receive them for 89 euro's (but then it should not be handled by customs).

Can anybody tell me if it is an upgrade from CX-500 tot super.fi 5 vi ??
That's my real question ....

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #264 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No idea, since the eBay seller in the fake IE8 thread also had near perfect feedback apparently. But I've never seen fake UEs (that were actually delivered not just fake listings) before so these are probably just backstock or at worst fell off some truck somewhere.
But I definitely can't see any major/obvious flaws like you would with the fake Sennheiser earphones, pretty much the same material/quailty as my old SF4s like I said before. Just need to compare the internal components.

@Snuffed

I've bought the super.fi 5 (v2) from an ebay seller as well, for the same price you've mentioned. Did you ever find out if they are real?
The sound/build qualitty is excellent, so I excpect them to beal genuine....

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #266 of 325
Anyone said how these fair against the Fischer's Eterna's yet?

Eterna's, just discovered & being compared to Shure's 530's (£250), while being sold for a third of the top of the Thesuper.fi's, definitely deserve a mention here... I, for one, would like to see more comparisons.

May 17, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #267 of 325
I've had these for a little over a year, and I loved them until last week one side started getting staticy, and then eventually stopped playing altogether. Is it possible to have blown these? I don't listen very loud. What should I do?

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #269 of 325
Just picked these up today at Fry's for $80 to replace the wiring-shagged RE0's. I needed something quick for a road trip and so far, I'm liking them! The jury is still out, but they do seem a bit more dynamic. I've only tried the attached tips so far, but will for sure be trying the others. They included quite a big variety of other tips.

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #270 of 325
These IEMs showed me the weakness of the K701 in the midrange which made me hunt for K501 and the rest as they say is history - selling the K701 and keeping the K501 AND SF5V2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back