New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Aug 10, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #1,336 of 1,351
Any recommendation on iem? I have L3 Pro paired with Audio technica headphones ATH-M50X. I love the details of the phones but ears feel the discomfort pain after several hours. And always have to increase to louder volume as I realise its a bit òf distant hearing. But I really love M50X sound signature!!!I The treble bass effects , voice clarity ,V sound. read L3Pro is for iem? Any comparable iem effects with M50X at less than 200USD? Yet I love more musical. Hmm tried cheap iem the voice sounds warmer and not as clear. How?:) Please advise. :)

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #1,337 of 1,351
Any recommendation on iem? I have L3 Pro paired with Audio technica headphones ATH-M50X. I love the details of the phones but ears feel the discomfort pain after several hours. And always have to increase to louder volume as I realise its a bit òf distant hearing. But I really love M50X sound signature!!!I The treble bass effects , voice clarity ,V sound. read L3Pro is for iem? Any comparable iem effects with M50X at less than 200USD? Yet I love more musical. Hmm tried cheap iem the voice sounds warmer and not as clear. How?:) Please advise. :)

I have not tired to M50X so take my suggestion with a grain of salt but have you tried any of the DUNU offerings? I believe the line has been updated stince I tried but they all used to have powerful bass with crisp highs, some more musical than others. DN-2000 can be had for around 200$. The FLC8 is also tuneable and great, the 8s is around 250-300 so the older 8 should be considerably cheaper. Sorry that’s not that helpful but are the only ones I can think of right now.
edit. I haven’t listed to many sub 200 one for a few years so there are probably better options by now, hopefully someone else chimes in

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,343 of 1,351
Any impressions on LP6? Appreciate anybody who has tried it contribute their 2 cents.

I've tried the LP5 limited and ultra editions using VE8, not much differences in sound signatures. Loved their vocal/instrument naturalness, intimacy and it had plenty of power to drive HE1000se. It seemed to be designed like an all-in-one DAP with headphone amp.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #1,346 of 1,351
Honestly, I'm shocked by poor UI programming of L5.

I think this company should stop manufacturing devices like this.

Even a 10 year old can tell this unit is extremely poorly programmed. I question this company's "so-called" engineers' intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back