New amp by Lehmann Audio: Rhinelander
May 1, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #16 of 49
Pop the hood so us DIY-heads can marvel at it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #19 of 49
It also comes with an A4-bound user manual approximately the size of War and Peace. The only thing they leave out in the manual is what Herr. Lehmann had for lunch the day he built my amp.

May 1, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #21 of 49
May 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #22 of 49
fkclo, I just checked on Graham's site and the Solo SRG w/ PSU1 is still under 465 GBP including S&H to the USA. However the exchanged has gone through the roof and now it would cost $690 USD versus under $600 a couple of moths ago.

May 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #25 of 49
@ADD

thank you very much for this very nice review. I really like your precise language and exact wording in the article.

Please calm down that salesman. There is of course a considerable difference between the Rhinelander and the Linear and I guess that a number of people who start with a Rhinelander will change for the Linear when their budget allows. Yes, both have a discrete output stage that is not in the feedback loop and supplies an airy and transparent sound but the Linear's effortlessness surpasses that of the Rhinelander. The Linear is also better in the punch section and has more overall reserves not to speak of the general parts quality.

@FKCLO

please understand that I don't fear competition. I find quality competition to be a vital and important part of the business to keep it alive. I prefer manufacturers who produce decent products because the customers will still like their hobby rather than turning their back to a market due to bad and boring audio stuff. If someone decides not to buy a device of my line I still have the opportunity of convincing this customer the next time.

I am currently preparing for the Munich High End show where Axel Grell of Sennheiser will use the Linear to demonstrate the HD 800 - in a head to head comparison with the legendary Orpheus. I will have my own booth with 30sqm in Hall 3 so if anyone would like to stop by please don't hesitate to do so.

All the best from Germany

Norbert

May 15, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #26 of 49
Mmm, HD 800 versus the Orpheus. Wish I was there to hear that one!

May 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #27 of 49
What is the output stage typology? Many headfiers will only buy amps with discrete devices used in the output stage, and not opamps.

May 15, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by norbert:lehmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently preparing for the Munich High End show where Axel Grell of Sennheiser will use the Linear to demonstrate the HD 800 - in a head to head comparison with the legendary Orpheus.

That's very interesting. Too bad I couldn't be there. I'm on the other side of the pond, but would be thrilled to read impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back