New American Gladiators
Jan 7, 2008 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
What did you guys think of it last night? I rather liked it, and I'll be watching it during halftime and commercial breaks of the LSU game tonight. Wolf seemed like my favorite gladiator. I still wish they would bring back Malibu, though.

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 21
looked fun. the asian guy won... yay! (even though the other guy was pretty old)

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 21
The guy playing against the "flying squirrel" (I think that's what he called himself?) had been waiting 14 years to be on American Gladiators again? Interesting...

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought it was terrible. commentary is absolutely brutal to sit through. to much on the background of the competitors too. get to the events already

Oh yeah, the commentary was pretty bad. I'd rather have Skip Bayless do the commentary.....and I hate that guy.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 21
It reminded me of the running man

I want my two hours back. The only reason to watch this is to remind you of how cool it used to be. Wolf and the "spider monkey" were about the only good things about this revival. Maybe I'll watch again when the gladiators no longer suck at their own games.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #9 of 21
The female commentator and gladiators voices' were rather manly. Cracked me up.

The woman that won was hot!

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 21
Unfortunately, we are going to be subjected to an Australian version of this stuff this year. Commercial television is already bad enough. Why..........................................!

Simon

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #11 of 21
Had high hopes for this show as the old version was one of my favorites growing up .. but it was horrible, I think I changed the channel after 15 minutes.

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #12 of 21
I'm enjoying it so far. Watched the 2 hour run on Sunday and a little over half of the hour long one on Monday. I'm not too crazy about some of the events, like the one where Gladiator sits in a tower and shoots nerf balls at the contender. Also it seems like that part of the eliminator where they have to churn that arm crank to get across a gap is too hard, no one ever makes it and they'd all be better off just dropping to the mat and climbing out. Also, as much as I like Hulk Hogan, listening to his scripted questions to the contenders is painful. Laila Ali isn't any better either imho.

So far my favorite Gladiators are Crush, Titan, Hellga and Wolf (in that order). I'll probably lose interest soon, but this is the first program that's given me a reason to turn on the TV in a long time.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 21
wow. I couldn't have thought it was more terrible. did you guys watch the last one"???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back