New American Gladiators
Jan 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #16 of 21
twas ok, brought back some good memories, but yeah the commentary was kinda lame, infact in many scenarios hewas just plain wrong!

And the hand bike thing is totally bogus, they are better off falling off the hand bike and climbing back up than trying to get to the other side on it. They should really have a bigger penalty if they fall off the hand bike.

The two guys trying to climb up the "travelator" was hilarious though!

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #17 of 21
I only saw the end, but it wasn't horrible. Kept me interested for 15 minutes.

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two guys trying to climb up the "travelator" was hilarious though!

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. The winner ended up with a terrible eliminator time because of that mess. The travelator is generally the most entertaining part of the show as it can equal epic failure for some people.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 21
The eliminator hasn't changed much since the original show. If I remember correctly, there did used to be a time penalty for falling off of stuff like the hand bike. It also seems to me though that the contestants weren't as tired by the eliminator in the old version as they are now.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 21
That new eliminator looks pretty tough. All in all I think it's pretty much like the old show except hulk hogan has got to go. I would vote they use old gladiators for commentary on a rotating basis...can't imagine they are too busy to do that. I would like to see the effects of steroids on 40 somethings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back