New AKG K92, K72 and K52 Closed-Back Headphones
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #46 of 56
delete

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #47 of 56
Just got myself a pair of the k52's. These have got to be the best sub $100 cans available. Judged on sq alone they are the best under $200. The only giveaway re:their value would be the build quality.
They are the closest sounding closed cans to open cans i own (this includes the Cascade, th900, and Aeon Flow). Sure they lack that last 5% of refinement of these high tier headphones, but damn they get soooo close. Recommend these over Beats, m50x, vmoda, Momentum in an absolute heartbeat - all regardless of price.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #48 of 56
Just got myself a pair of the k52's. These have got to be the best sub $100 cans available. Judged on sq alone they are the best under $200. The only giveaway re:their value would be the build quality.
They are the closest sounding closed cans to open cans i own (this includes the Cascade, th900, and Aeon Flow). Sure they lack that last 5% of refinement of these high tier headphones, but damn they get soooo close. Recommend these over Beats, m50x, vmoda, Momentum in an absolute heartbeat - all regardless of price.

Is there potential to pad swap on these? In other words, are they interchangeable or permanently fixed?

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #49 of 56
Is there potential to pad swap on these? In other words, are they interchangeable or permanently fixed?
I'd like to know that myself. The stock pads are comfortable and functional, but they're one of the cheap build aspects of the headphone. That and the headstrap. Otherwise the build is actually quite acceptable. The headphone looks really nice, and is easily the lightest and most comfy I've worn.

Aug 30, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #50 of 56
Considering to buy one of them. Has anyone found replacement pads for the k52/k72/k92? Velour would be nice, for better ventilation.
Otherwise maybe the superlux hd662 evo would be a better choice. Reading many users with right ear connection problems on the akg's.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #51 of 56
Just bought K92 and they sound really nice if hooked to a source with proper amplifier (Topping NX4 for example). First I tried them on my phone, PC and sound was muddy. On some DACs like Sabaj Da2/Da3 it got better but still nothing special. But when I tried them on NX4 which has an amp, and on my integrated amp headphone out - it was a whole new story. They started sounding much better and with more dynamism. Sound stage got wider and deeper, bass more punchy and precise... Now, used that way they are in a whole different league from Superlux HD681 (used to have), ISK HP 580 (still have) and ISK HF2010 (tried them) - all of them sound much more cluttered, have sibilant voices and harsh highs no matter what source I use. Sure K92 can sound cluttered and muddy with bad sources but when hooked on a proper one it gets miles ahead from these three models I mentioned.

Compared to some more expensive cans, like DT880 they don't have the same amount of details and they sound a little warm and boxy, but it's not a big deal at this price point. So I wouldn't recommend them to people who are searching for the every tiny detail but It's actually very lively and pleasant listen, and even with lesser recordings listening never gets tiring.

May 27, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #52 of 56
Hellou there!!

I was thinking on getting either the K52 or K72....the MAIN thing I'm looking for is comfortness, since I wanna use it for streaming purposes. I heard in a pseudo-review that even when the K72 have better materials, the K52 is more comfty, but I rather hear it from here <3

Thanks in advance!

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #53 of 56
Hellou there!!

I was thinking on getting either the K52 or K72....the MAIN thing I'm looking for is comfortness, since I wanna use it for streaming purposes. I heard in a pseudo-review that even when the K72 have better materials, the K52 is more comfty, but I rather hear it from here <3

Thanks in advance!
did you end up purchasing any of the units?

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #56 of 56
I did!
I bought the K72 (apparently they all have similar audio quality)....They sucked!! They are not worthy at all imo. For a bit more you can buy the K240 which are a million times better and same comfort =)
Probably K52 was a better choice. But don't know out of the three it is said to be the close to neutral one. K240 is open back right. That will not work for me and is expensive in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back