New AKG headphones K175, K245, K275
Nov 16, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #271 of 323
Let them settle, I've noticed the same. Dominance on one side, right side on mine too. It gets better. They're more semi open, not a huge soundstage but much better than closed. Low frequency bass not great, focus your eq on 120hz+. Not super high end of course but pretty damn decent for the price

Nov 17, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #272 of 323
Low frequency bass not great, focus your eq on 120hz+.

Huh? Bass extension is one it their greatest strengths. And 120Hz is NOT "low frequency bass", it's well above the K245's resonant freq. For context, the low E string on a guitar is ~81Hz, most men can hit that note. If you're male, you probably produce some content at 120Hz in your relaxed speaking voice.

Something else to keep in mind: Whenever you find yourself EQ'ing at/near line frequency or it's harmonics (especially the 2nd!), I'd be very suspicious of problems in the rest of your system,, especially grounding-related.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #273 of 323
I got a pair of K275 recently, and I think they are just incredible for the bucks (paid them 60 euros on Amazon's Warehouse). Great balanced sound, very clear, pleasing and not fatiguing - you could listen to them for hours. I find them to be better than the DT 770 both 32 and 80ohm, as they sound more "complete" and relaxing, better than the HD56S (unamped) and than the Sony 7506 (much more "thin").
Highs are clear and shiny but not shrill; mids are very good and bass is there when needed. I agree with the Honest Audiophile review on YT (one of the only 2 or 3 guys I seem to trust, over there), aside from the fact I definitely would not call these bass light - rather: bass RIGHT.
Excellent, excellent value and they are also quite comfortable. Only the cable is crap.

Feb 11, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #274 of 323
Looking good!

Give them some time to settle in - I noticed the mids/vocals were recessed at first but started to hear more separation with a few days of break in.

I'm growing fonder of their sound with time, looking to do some more comparisons soon now that they have opened up.

Let them settle, I've noticed the same. Dominance on one side, right side on mine too. It gets better. They're more semi open, not a huge soundstage but much better than closed. Low frequency bass not great, focus your eq on 120hz+. Not super high end of course but pretty damn decent for the price

Hi, It’s been a while but I’m back. Been meaning to update here for ages. I ended up contacting the seller and after a bit of back and forward ended up exchanging the K245s. The new set don’t seem to have the bias. I think I was just unlucky and had an unmatched/defective pair. Liking them much better now to be honest. Much darker and at times a little bit muddy (An example would be the kick drum on Some Nights by Fun) but maybe that’s just as I’m more into the mids and balance and nothing to dominant. They’re great for something like Hysteria by Muse, contradicting myself a bit here by then citing a song all about the bass. :gs1000smile:

I got a pair of K275 recently, and I think they are just incredible for the bucks (paid them 60 euros on Amazon's Warehouse). Great balanced sound, very clear, pleasing and not fatiguing - you could listen to them for hours. I find them to be better than the DT 770 both 32 and 80ohm, as they sound more "complete" and relaxing, better than the HD56S (unamped) and than the Sony 7506 (much more "thin").
Highs are clear and shiny but not shrill; mids are very good and bass is there when needed. I agree with the Honest Audiophile review on YT (one of the only 2 or 3 guys I seem to trust, over there), aside from the fact I definitely would not call these bass light - rather: bass RIGHT.
Excellent, excellent value and they are also quite comfortable. Only the cable is crap.

I agree, I don’t know why they aren’t more popular (K275). Seems to be a lot of stigma with the Samsung take over and the move of the manufacturing from Austria has meant these have been widely shunned for no real reason. I’ve not got loads of kit and nothing super expensive or ‘Hi-Fi’ but these are my second favourite headphones (K702) getting the top spot (open vs closed probably isn’t fair). Definitely underrated. I did have to change the pads as my ears were too big and touching the drivers though.

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #278 of 323
I've got one of them, they are quite well done. If I could solder I'd make more myself. It's very niche but probably has about £1 of parts in it.
Good to know I can look forward to something decent then. Cheers. :)

I think the mini XLR parts are generally more expensive than that, although estimates are pretty meaningless without knowing how they source it and how much it is for them to actually make one.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #281 of 323
What did you think of the adapter?
It's pretty solid. The precision could be a little better, but it's perfectly fine, and it appears to be of pretty decent quality, too.
So I ordered two more, just so I could have a backup for both my K245 and my K275.
Also pondering whether I should get a second unit of each of those, because I find them quite pleasant to listen to, although the K245 can get a bit too bassy at times.

Apr 11, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #282 of 323
It's pretty solid. The precision could be a little better, but it's perfectly fine, and it appears to be of pretty decent quality, too.
So I ordered two more, just so I could have a backup for both my K245 and my K275.
Also pondering whether I should get a second unit of each of those, because I find them quite pleasant to listen to, although the K245 can get a bit too bassy at times.
Nice, I use it so I can have a uJays cable with a mic on the K702s so I can go on calls for work.

The K245s do get a bit bossy at times.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #284 of 323
Since there have been quite a few mentioning of the K245 getting too bassy at times, I wonder a mod like this can be applied to the K245:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-rx700-mods.435809/
Nice, I think in a way I’ve sort of done Mod 1 already by swapping the pads for deeper pads.

I was thinking the other day if there was a way the could be made to be a bit more open to let some of the sound bleed out a bit (complete novice at this).

Well I went for them and they arrived late Friday night. So getting used to them but I feel at times the bass is a bit of a mess in amongst the rest of the mix. I put the Brainwavez pads on, not had to use Corti's lace hack but I've got one on standby if they start to slip. Aesthetically I think these look great.

I'm still not sure if it's in my head or not but I feel that the balance is slightly off to the right though.

K245.jpg

May 6, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #285 of 323
Hey! I've had these for a few days now, these are my absolute first "proper" headphones and for the price I paid (50$) I'm absolutely amazed. At first I was terribly afraid that my pair came faulty with perceptible channel imbalance (Left speaker seemed 3-4dB louder). In the process of troubleshooting I learned that the fault lies in... my ears. Learned something new, I suppose.
As I said, I'm SHOCKED that the K245's are so under the radar. Basically nobody is talking about them online, there are very little reviews and this forum is just about the only sizeable discussion about them. It feels like such a steal to be able to buy these for such a low price. For the first few hours I was giddy with excitement, coming from KZ ZSN Pro X IEM's, these headphones blew me away.
I recently purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro's for 120USD as the audiophile bug bit me good and I thought to myself: "Well, if this is what 50$ can sound like, what about 120$?". The DT990's are heavily recommended headphones everywhere online, so I expected to get wowed even more considering the investment!
Sadly, the DT990's came with an actual factual channel imbalance (as confirmed by multiple friends of mine), which is a bummer, but there was science to be conducted!
And so I began comparing the two. Considering the prices of both of these headphones, the K245's seem to punch far above their weight for music, media consumption and gaming. The DT990's are almost unlistenable to without EQ, and as such the K245's eat them for dinner if no EQ is available. The DT990's do put up a much better fight if they're EQ'd, and at that point... things get difficult for the K245's.
One thing I'm wondering about though; there are tens of guides as far as EQing the DT990's and more popular headphones. No such thing for the K245's. Does anybody have any recommendations as far as EQing them goes, then? I saw FR measurements for them earlier in this thread, but, alas, I'm a grasshopper when it comes to headphones and struggle to come up with something on my own.
Also, do the K245's represent the famous "AKG-sound" you hear about online so much? If yes, I'd say I rather like it, and am inclined to look for it in future headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back