New AKG headphones K175, K245, K275
Aug 21, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 323
Guitar Center says 8-28-2018 as the available date on the K245. Wasn’t there a month ago.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG/AK...ural-Studio-Headphones-Black-1500000049325.gc

Potentially good news for those of us waiting for the K275 and/or K245. GC claims they will be in stock on 09-17-2018:
(https://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG/K275-Closed-Back-Circumaural-Studio-Headphones.gc)
(https://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG/K245-Open-Back-Circumaural-Studio-Headphones.gc)

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 323
cool

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #22 of 323
Hey there, metal571!

I maintain this is a ghost product... I mailed AKG France, again,
-"what's the release date"
-"we don't have a clue"

Hi. I do not think theese headphones go to mass production because of the closure of Akg in 2017. The name remained, but the former akg team is now called "Austrian audio". The akg brand is now just a fancy name used by Harman.

Nov 20, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 323
I'll have the AKG K275s strapped on tomorrow just as soon as FDX delivers my "overnight" package........., with instant live review to follow right here...
I'll unbox, get my test CDs out, begin listening, and write about the experience, as its in progress.
Then, i'll update this instant review in 2 days (11/23/1018) with a full report that will be kept to the point, fairly brief, and right on target.
See you there.......:)

FB1

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #25 of 323
I'll have the AKG K275s strapped on tomorrow just as soon as FDX delivers my "overnight" package........., with instant live review to follow right here...
I'll unbox, get my test CDs out, begin listening, and write about the experience, as its in progress.
Then, i'll update this instant review in 2 days (11/23/1018) with a full report that will be kept to the point, fairly brief, and right on target.
See you there.......:)

FB1
Wait... The K275 does really exist at the end? How you managed to get one? Thanks.

Nov 21, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #26 of 323
DSCF3108.JPG
Wait... The K275 does really exist at the end? How you managed to get one? Thanks.

How did i manage to get one?

1.) Because im magic.............. :)

2. ) I know people who can make magic happen.
-
-
-
So here is the first part of the review.
I'll keep it short, and strive for clarity.

Opening the package reveals a lean presentation.
Box is not impressive, but, its also not a $2000 USD headphone, so, for the price, the box is average +.
You get one cable, a curled one, and you get a gold adapter.
Its a 3-prong female connection that exists on the end of the cable, and it does not feel cheap or easily destroyed.
Strapping on the headphones, i notice they are very light, with ear cups that sit like all pleather sits, with the inner mesh that covers the speakers sitting very close to your ears.
Not annoying close, but close.
These headphones rate an "8" for comfort.
Im using a GRACE m900 as my Dac and my Apple Mac as my source player.

The Albums :

Sarah Jarosz : Build me up from Bone
Kandace Springs : Soul Eyes
Sarah McLachlan : Greatest Hits
Pink Floyd : The Wall 2014 remaster
The Wailin' Jenny's "15"
Ozric Tentacles : Eternal Wheel
Omnia : Naked Harp
Sharon Den Adel : My Indigo
And : various Flacs that i created to create Vidoes on my Youtube channel.

Listening....
Listening....
Listening.

-
-
-

Ok. , My listening is completed with regards to writing you my initial reaction to these AKG's.

1.) If you like the K701s and wanted them in a closed headphone, then you can purchase much of that sound if you buy these.

As we know, AKG has a "house sound", which is analytical, airy, lacking a bit of warmth, dedicated to removing low mids, and often a bit lean in the lower registers.

So, that is a lot of what you find with these AKG 275's.
Indeed you find the AKG sound alive and well in this brand new AKG product.
But there is more..
They have been tweeked to offer a very nice soundstage for a closed, and while they are quite analytical with an abundance of "airy", they also provide very nice musicality and insight and they have a bit of "richness", added to their sonic mixture.
Im listening to these after using Audeze X's, so, and even so, these AKGs are not unimpressive, considering their cost.
We have to consider that this is really an inexpensive set of headphones, and so, you dont get leather, you dont get a golden box with etched letters, and you only get one cord and its the generally to be avoided curly cord.
But i can live with all those "cost cutters", as this sound being produced by these headphones offers a lot of what a lot of people want, when they go "closed"
So, my initial 20 mins of listening tells me... reveals to me.... that regarding comfort, sound quality, and general overall appeal, .........i'd say AKG/Samsung is going to be selling a lot of these.
-
-
-

Attachments

• DSCF3101.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3102.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #28 of 323
I had planned on talking more about the AKG K275's on Friday, 11/23/2018, but, after using them for hours yesterday, i feel that i can offer a fairly bulletproof opinion of them, if you are thinking about making a purchase.

Soundwise, "Crisp, Balanced, and Pristine".
They have more bass response then the Aeon Flow C, but they dont have the Aeon C's warmth.
What they do have is a quality sound that is worth more then their cost, of this im certain.
I vote that they are more akin to the HifiMann house sound, such as the "Sundara", then the Senn HD 660 or similar.
They have substantial clarity, very articulate instrument separation, and as i said yesterday, an impressive soundstage.
They play well with most genres`, but dont offer skull rattling thump if you need it provided = according to the music that is created to rattle you with bass response.
This is an articulate and clear type of bass response.
And example.....If you have the Steely Dan "Aja" album, then you know that the recorded bass on this album is not "in your face", and in fact, many headphones cant seem to find it at all...but not so with these AKGS, as they let you hear the bass.
Same as with something like the bass response on PF's "The Wall"....... and in the same way, you are presented with nice bass clarity when using these AKGs, but, they really are not going to deliver THUMP...
If you buy them, and use them for a while, you'll think...>"these sound good for less then $200".

So, what is their true downside?
Could use more warmth and a touch more bass response, but, only a touch, as they have a finely tuned and balanced sound.
Also, ...... their pads are just not what should be on a headphone like these. They deserve better, and unfortunately they are not really good quality pads.
The remind me of the material you find on $100 Sony's.
The comfort is fine, but the quality is lacking.
You can take these pads off, so maybe there is a easy solution, or maybe AKG/Samsung will offer an upgrade.

Happy listening......:)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #29 of 323
I had planned on talking more about the AKG K275's on Friday, 11/23/2018, but, after using them for hours yesterday, i feel that i can offer a fairly bulletproof opinion of them, if you are thinking about making a purchase.

Soundwise, "Crisp, Balanced, and Pristine".
They have more bass response then the Aeon Flow C, but they dont have the Aeon C's warmth.
What they do have is a quality sound that is worth more then their cost, of this im certain.
I vote that they are more akin to the HifiMann house sound, such as the "Sundara", then the Senn HD 660 or similar.
They have substantial clarity, very articulate instrument separation, and as i said yesterday, an impressive soundstage.
They play well with most genres`, but dont offer skull rattling thump if you need it provided = according to the music that is created to rattle you with bass response.
This is an articulate and clear type of bass response.
And example.....If you have the Steely Dan "Aja" album, then you know that the recorded bass on this album is not "in your face", and in fact, many headphones cant seem to find it at all...but not so with these AKGS, as they let you hear the bass.
Same as with something like the bass response on PF's "The Wall"....... and in the same way, you are presented with nice bass clarity when using these AKGs, but, they really are not going to deliver THUMP...
If you buy them, and use them for a while, you'll think...>"these sound good for less then $200".

So, what is their true downside?
Could use more warmth and a touch more bass response, but, only a touch, as they have a finely tuned and balanced sound.
Also, ...... their pads are just not what should be on a headphone like these. They deserve better, and unfortunately they are not really good quality pads.
The remind me of the material you find on $100 Sony's.
The comfort is fine, but the quality is lacking.
You can take these pads off, so maybe there is a easy solution, or maybe AKG/Samsung will offer an upgrade.

Happy listening......:)
Both your posts quite helpful, thanks!

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 323
Didn't know about these headphones! they seemed to have slipped under the radar. Oh how times have changed for AKG!.
If they are an improvement over the K271 MK2 which I had for a while last year to use for music production, then I might buy them.
I plan on getting the Sony MDR7510/1 first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back