NEW 2014 Extra Bass SONY MDR-XB950AP/H
Oct 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #46 of 58
Hi Guys i am about to buy these,i am a basshead :) and all i want to know is the frequencies that these are able to play for instance i would be thankfull if someone could try this song Young Jeezy - Put On and let me know if he can hear the 4 diferrent frequencies of bass that this song got 55hz,44hz,37hz,28hz  ESPECIALLY on 0:23 seconds where the 28hz hit :D
plz plz plz if someone could try this for a minute.For me buying new headphone it's a risk for the real bass response.
Thanks

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #47 of 58
Hi Guys i am about to buy these,i am a basshead :) and all i want to know is the frequencies that these are able to play for instance i would be thankfull if someone could try this song Young Jeezy - Put On and let me know if you can hear the 4 diferrent frequencies of bass that this song got 55hz,44hz,37hz,28hz  ESPECIALLY on 0:23 seconds where the 28hz hit :D
plz plz plz if someone could try this for a minute.For me buying new headphone it's a risk for the real bass response.
Thanks

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #48 of 58
Hi Guys i am about to buy these,i am a basshead :) and all i want to know is the frequencies that these are able to play for instance i would be thankfull if someone could try this song Young Jeezy - Put On and let me know if you can hear the 4 diferrent frequencies of bass that this song got 55hz,44hz,37hz,28hz  ESPECIALLY on 0:23 seconds where the 28hz hit :D
Thanks
[/quot
Thanks

Did not enjoy this song with the MDR XB950AP, but I wouldn't blame the headphones. You can feel the drivers vibrating and moving air at 37hz and 28hz, even more so at higher volumes, but it certainly isn't recreating a subwoofer experience.

You're just not going to get that subwoofer sound and feel at these lower frequencies through a pair of headphones.

These Sony headphones are my only bass heavy cans. While listening to this song with my AKG K545s and my ATH-M50x, the lower 37hz and 28hz was almost non-existent, for camparison to some other sealed cans in this price range.

Maybe check out a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones which have adjustable bass ports.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic/CUSTOM-ONE-PRO-Studio-Headphones-1364498731797.gchttp://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic/CUSTOM-ONE-PRO-Studio-Headphones-1364498731797.gc

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #49 of 58
I've just bought one of these for 60$. I like its bass very much but find the overall sound quite dark and dull (I'm a Grado guy). However, a simple 3 dbs boost to every frequency from 500 Hz onward easily fixes it. This is definitely not a detail headphone but it performs very well with mainstream pop and espeically EDM. Time for some vibration now!
darthsmile.gif

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #55 of 58
I tried these in Currys electroic store in europe and I couldn't leave the store without them. I don't have many can's just a pair of Sony MDR-1R original and a Creative Aurvana Live that I converted to bluetooth. 

The Sony  MDR-1R are good, but they really lack any kind of punch , even on EDM tracks. I love the deep rich sound of the XB950. I know the sig is skewed but I decided to add them to my collection. They sound so good out of my cheap smartphone which is a major plus these days. 

I find myself bopping my head around on the street when listening to these which I don't think I ever did with any portable headphone before. I think they are so much fun to listen too. 

Previously I would shy well away from 'xtra bass' headphones as I imagined that bass was all they had, But I find these great all round.

I was a bit put off that they didn't have a one sided cable. BUT, I think they have the best cable I ever seen on a headphone. It totally seems to disappear during use, in a way that no cable I've ever seen or an earbud, IEM or headphone I've owned. I think this is due to the face that that Y part is placed very low and that that the cords are angled outwards from the ear cups. 

With the thick plush earpads I find them every bit as comfortable as the MDR-1R, which are know for their comfort. Although the XB950 seemed a bit clampy at first, I found that feeling faded over a short time, as I suspected it would. If fact they are my fav headphones to wear outdoors, as they as not as bulky as the MDR-1R.  With that thought in mind, I can't imagine why anyone would want to wear a pair of on-ear's , when you can get a pair of over-ears that are so compact feeling as these. Additionally, the sound isolation on these are just incredible I feel, due to the thick earpads.

I highly recommend these cans, I think they sounds great and are very good value for money. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #56 of 58
Hi, 

I have bought "SONY MDR-XB950AP/H" in early 2015, but I feel the sound is too bossy or muffled sound. Can we customize these head phones or tweak it our self to make them sound balanced boss? I have seen few post but didn't completely understand the tricks. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ajay.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #58 of 58
I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR-XB950AP headphones and I think they are awesome. The bass is great and the mids and highs are refined and gorgeous. In fact I will go as far to say that they sound better than my Sony MDR-1000X Bluetooth headphones which cost three times the price. The Sony MDR-XB950AP sounds especially great paired with my Sansa clip+ as well as my Sony NW-A30, iPhone 5S and Fiio X5II.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back