1. Plug : Gold-plated four-conductor L-type stereo mini plug
    2. Design : Headband Headset
    3. Headband : Wide, Adjustable
  3. Hardware

1. Cord : 47 1/4 in. (1.2 m) Y-type
    2. Remote Control : Multi-function button / SmartKeyTM app
    3. Microphone : In-line elecret condenser, Omni-directional
  4. Power

1. Power Handling Capacity : 1000 mW (IEC)
  5. Speaker

1. Impedance : 24 ohms at 1 kHz
    2. Type : Closed, dynamic
  6. Weights and Measurements

1. Weight (Approx.) : 8.64 oz. (245 g) without cord
    2. Cord Length (Approx.) : 47 1/4 in. (1.2 m)

2014 IS GOING TO BE A COSTLY YEAR!

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 58
They do look good. A little bit AKG and some AT ES series looks thrown in there. Thanks for the unboxing!

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 58
They do have already a few amazon reviews yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB950BT-Extra-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B00MCHE38O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412453305&sr=8-1&keywords=MDR-XB950

Seems to be pretty interesting.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 58
Looks to be a very nice headset for smartphone-wielding audiophiles on the go, especially since it uses circumaural headphones rather than the usual earbuds. And we could certainly use more of that! The cable length seems very reasonable as well; not too long and not too short.

The gray is nice but the lack of black is a bit strange. I thought Sony had a fetish for black electronics (PSP, PS3, Bravia TVs, most of their fancier headphones, etc.). Either way, looking forward to an in-depth review.

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 58
These sound really nice. I expected them to cost more. Tried them at Bestbuy. I expected them to be either extremely V shaped or completely muffled. I was very surprised. Clear, and bassy. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 58
Hi,  

I have bought Sony MDRXB950AP/H model for smart phones. It basically has cord and I don't see any boss boost button like they have for bluetooth models. So my concern here, Since they have mentioned it for smart phones, is it also suitable to watch movies on laptop or it is specifically designed for smartphones?

I am not fully impressed with model. I feel some songs are muddy and hear slight disturbance/ noise even though I dont play anything. Expected more crisp bass looking at the reviews but not.

I use it basically for laptop, so is it intended to use with laptops or specifically for smartphones. Is there any specific model designed for laptops in these full bass models? 

Thanks,
Aj

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 58
  Hi,  

I have bought Sony MDRXB950AP/H model for smart phones. It basically has cord and I don't see any boss boost button like they have for bluetooth models. So my concern here, Since they have mentioned it for smart phones, is it also suitable to watch movies on laptop or it is specifically designed for smartphones?

I am not fully impressed with model. I feel some songs are muddy and hear slight disturbance/ noise even though I dont play anything. Expected more crisp bass looking at the reviews but not.

I use it basically for laptop, so is it intended to use with laptops or specifically for smartphones. Is there any specific model designed for laptops in these full bass models? 

Thanks,
Aj

No, they can still be used with source. The noise you hear is interference from your laptop. Are you using high quality music? (320kbps, or FLAC)?

When they say "Designed for smartphones" they are usually saying they are easy to drive. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 58
Thanks Fuzziekiwi for the response. I am actually playing youtube HD 1080p songs and watching movies. I really didn't like the bass on these until I changed the laptop sound output setting to "Rock" mode. Now I am enjoying the bass in rock mode but in any other mode/ normal mode.. there is some flat bass (not crisp) mixing other subsequent sounds. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 58
  Thanks Fuzziekiwi for the response. I am actually playing youtube HD 1080p songs and watching movies. I really didn't like the bass on these until I changed the laptop sound output setting to "Rock" mode. Now I am enjoying the bass in rock mode but in any other mode/ normal mode.. there is some flat bass (not crisp) mixing other subsequent sounds. 

Bass bleed is what I'm assuming your saying? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back