Never Trust A Headphone Review
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
listening is more important than reading but the one enforces the other, so i think they are both important.

Agreed, but I'd argue that, if not somewhat concurrently, listening should come first, not second. Obviously, we then get into the issue of having access to trying these things first, but I'd put my money on the consumer listening without the benefit of a resource like Head-Fi having a better chance at a happy purchase the first time out over the one who reads but hasn't heard. Of course, most of us who do have that benefit are usually meet junkies with audioholism. Such is the curse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention, reading is absolutely vital to understand the terms other audiophiles use to describe certain response and sounds if one wants to write reviews.

Yes - I did try to bring attention to that after hacking my cited quote into oblivion. I think the post in it's entirety was trying to stress that. There is most certainly a learning curve involved with audio-as-hobby. When a consensus of terms is all we can generally agree upon, we had better have those little details locked in!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #47 of 47
really though, what do girls know about headphones? is it pretty? check. is it comfy? check. 10/10 stars
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back