Never Trust A Headphone Review
Jul 28, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 47
Nice comment by mantmya July 26, 2008 9:12 AM PDT

I went on the high end and purchased the Bose on ear headphones for $175 with insurance, it may sound crazy paying that much for headphones, but I am loving every dollar of it.

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 47
We gotta make more fun of Bose...the world must know the truth.

Google pls index this: BOSE: Buy Other Sound Equipment.

These days i ve been taking all my friends to try Senns

Edited! thanks..

This guy is definitely a Headfier:

Quote:

by empryean July 26, 2008 8:35 PM PDT
I own four sets of head phones. My sound preference is what I call balanced, neither the heavy boom boom bass nor the bright, tweaky sound. Clear, hear all the instruments, even individual ones standing out, if the artist and producer created the sound for that.

First, Sennheiser HD 580 Precision cans are full sized headphones. They are the best in terms of sound. I've watched many movies with these on my head because I'm up late and the family is sleeping. The sound is terrific. Full ambient sound.

Next, I just purchased the Shure 310 ear plugs. The clarity of these are fantastic. If someone likes heavy bass, don't buy these. They aren't bright, either. But they definitely sound different than the Sennheiser, but that's personal taste, not a critical one is technically better than the other.

Also, I own the ear buds (that's what Headroom calls them) that came with my Zune. Actually, they are competitive in sound quality with the Shure, if I can get them to stay in the ear. These ear buds are uncomfortable and tough to fit....enought to blister my ear with all the shoving in and out, in and out, in and out. This is why I bought the Shure. The Shures feel like slippers, comfy, cozy, and great sounding.

Finally, before I bought the Shures, I bought $20 ear plugs at Walmart. JVC. Sounds ok. If you ever go to Best Buy and try to pick out the best picture on LCD or Plasma, some of the cheaper ones have, like a filter making them not as bright. That's how these plugs sound. Having had the Sennheisers for several years now, though, I'm probably spoiled.

Now, Jasmine, tell us what desktop speakers to buy.

who can it be?

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 47
umm not to be nit-picky.. but shouldn't that be
BOSE: Buy Other Sound Equipment?

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 47
^^ dramatic praire dog.
biggrin.gif

never trust reviews. that could apply to here as well.

Jul 28, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never trust a Cnet review

Never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line...

Jul 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never trust a Sicilian when death is on the line...

... unless there's iocane powder and a pirate involved...

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice comment by mantmya July 26, 2008 9:12 AM PDT

I went on the high end and purchased the Bose on ear headphones for $175 with insurance, it may sound crazy paying that much for headphones, but I am loving every dollar of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha I liked Scullcandy and Bose comments - poor peons .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We gotta make more fun of Bose...the world must know the truth.

Google pls index this: BOSE: Buy Other Sound Equipment.

These days i ve been taking all my friends to try Senns

Edited! thanks..

This guy is definitely a Headfier:

who can it be?

Has any of you three listened to a Bose headphone? I have and they do sound quite good, heck much better than what people on this site give them credit for.

No, I do not own any of the phones yet. But I am actually considering getting a pair.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any of you three listened to a Bose headphone? I have and they do sound quite good, heck much better than what people on this site give them credit for.

No, I do not own any of the phones yet. But I am actually considering getting a pair.

Meh, argentum and Nocturnal310 have a case of elitism.
rolleyes.gif

Bose I would buy as back-up cans only if they were fairly discounted. They sound good, but they glossed over the details so heavily that they virtually erase them from a song.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 47
^^ Flame on
biggrin.gif

Nah their stuff is ok just a bit overpriced in my opinion, if you think the design is attractive why not go for it. The only Bose I seriously dislike is the on-ears and in-ears they just don't fit me.

The article does have a few good points, but mostly it is just chitchat, I really dislike the way they generalize over other sites it is almost as stupid as Bose bashing.

I think it is important to remember that even the best reviews are worthless if you have absolutely no experience with headphones. You need to read a lot on sites like head-fi before you can appreciate most of the reviews on the web. Almost all of the "serious" reviews are geared towards people who know something about the type of product that is being reviewed. That is why sites like this are so great you have a huge knowledge base you can tap into just by either making a thread or browsing through the sub-forums.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 47
The Bose stuff doesn't completely just suck, but it is about 2x's the retail price it should be and it is never on sale. Take that into account. The stuff is really bassy and not detail oriented. It is good for alll of those lossy files and makes them sound fine and full, which is a good thing for most consumers. If anything, it is a gateway drug to something better.

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, argentum and Nocturnal310 have a case of elitism.
rolleyes.gif

Bose I would buy as back-up cans only if they were fairly discounted. They sound good, but they glossed over the details so heavily that they virtually erase them from a song.

thanks for the honour...but actually i had the opportunity to listen to BOSE..

i felt one word coming out of my mind [size=small]"Average"[/size]

These ones i tried:

Bose® On-Ear Headphones

Bose® Around-Ear Headphones

Bose® In-Ear Headphones

AND i did try the Speakers...BOSE iPod dock...its SGD$799 in singapore...whereas Harman/Kordan Go.Play iPod dock is $499.

Bose is luxury item for intellectually weaker consumers...who fall for marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back