Never forget your first...
Jun 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #91 of 115
my e-Q7s

jumped straight into high end universals
dt880smile.png

i hope my next purchase will be the new full sized cans by HiFiman.  drop 4k on a complete setup
o2smile.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #93 of 115

Quote:
Wait did you buy them all at once? Like a super impulse buy?

Over time

Quote:
What's there to be ashamed of?
blink.gif

The Shure210's they are about the lamest In-ears money can buy. Unclear, and veiled, with no bass, only thing good to mention is there isolation. Therefore they became earplugs as soon as the Phonaks arrived.
smile.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #94 of 115
Mine were the Klipsch S4's.

I was actually just bored at work one day and was browsing around the Off Topic section of a car forum (Zilvia.net) I used to go on.  There was a thread about headphones, and everyone kept voting that Skullcandy was the way to go. One guy basically said Skullcandy sucked monkey balls and told everyone to go on Head-Fi.org to check out what's out there and ask some questions, since Head-Fi was very newbie friendly. So I came here, looked around, asked some questions, and decided to try picking up a set of Klipsch S4's to see how much better they were than the stock iBuds.

Here I am, 5 months later with a a fair variety of different headphones and not enough ears to listen to them all.... yet I'm still on here all day, every day, looking for something new/better... =/

Very close to pulling the trigger on a Little Dot MKIVse amp and HD650's though. My significant other thinks this hobby is becoming just as rediculous as my car hobby. lol. Although I have yet to spend $30,000 on a set of headphones and another $40,000 modifying them. :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #96 of 115
I used the stock earphones bundled with players for years. Then about 10 years ago I got some Sony 'Groove' earphones (MDR-ED21LP) which at the time blew me away. Then I went on to using Sony MDR-EX71s which were my earphone of choice for years (it was all about bass for me back then). Then a couple of years ago I received some EX300s which were a step up in terms of clarity.

Finally, a year or so ago I went for some Jays q-Jays (used with the foam tips) which blow the others out of the water in terms of...well...everything
atsmile.gif
. I'm not sure where I'll go from here. I'll probably read up on the x-Jays when they get released and if they get good reviews I'll probably buy a pair of those. I also fancy picking up some ER4Ps at some point too.

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #97 of 115
R.I.P. my beloved Koss P14
L3000.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #98 of 115

I met my first love on my tender age of 12, when i snuck on my grandpops basement i saw this very weird looking phone covered with dust. but i can still read the name 

"KOSS PRO 4AA"

it looks funny to me at that time i thought it was a pilots headphone used in WWII, i was so young and tried to pretend its working but i havent tested it since its really old and have the idea it doesn't work anymore then it just happen one day that i decided to go to my friends house to test it on his newly bought karaoke, well shiver me timbers!! it still works.. after using it for couple of years it broke on me on 07 i bought the same model with limited warranty on it.. how nostalgic.

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #99 of 115
Thank you for your service, JVC Flats.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #103 of 115
Sony E238 and E888 got me into actually caring, Westone 1 got me into IEMs, SE530's were the workhorses for many years. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back