Neutron vs Poweramp
Jul 25, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #46 of 67
When I started this, found Neutron better sounding than Poweramp (not that Poweramp sounds terrible, but I thought the Neutron sound a bit more natural). Now I really listen to music on my Pono most of the time, so it doesn't matter a whole lot.:)

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #47 of 67
I may have to DL neutron on my V10 coz of the 32 bit playback. I have some 6 channel audio, poweramp seem to read as 2 channels only

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #49 of 67
  Hello! I have both Poweramp and Neutron and I find a "plus" on Neutron.
It's definitely the best music player IMHO.
Regards,

kalo86

Could you please elaborate the "plus" you mentioned. I can't find it in features. Thanks

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #50 of 67
Could you please elaborate the "plus" you mentioned. I can't find it in features. Thanks

Hi, for me it's not so easy to be able to describe sound feelings into words but I will try to.W ith Neutron I can hear a better definition, more separation among instruments and a bit warmer sound in the mid frequencies. I also find a big help the possibility to equalize the sound with a parametring settings until 20 bands.
I hope I helped you!
Regards,

kalo86

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #51 of 67
My main 3 problems with Neutron:
1. Only 15 steps volume control by hardware keys. And trying to catch right volume through sliders on screen is not easy task.
2. Playlists with songs from image+cue shows file name (album), not the song name from cue info.
3. Laggy interface. Scrolling long media library always makes me groan.

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #52 of 67
Hi, for me it's not so easy to be able to describe sound feelings into words but I will try to.W ith Neutron I can hear a better definition, more separation among instruments and a bit warmer sound in the mid frequencies. I also find a big help the possibility to equalize the sound with a parametring settings until 20 bands.
I hope I helped you!
Regards,

kalo86

FINALLY got my Neutron from Google Play. All settings were not touched except Resampling, I chose Audiophile. Initial impressions were the DAC fix app turned to On - was apparent as compared to the Poweramp. It was not night & day considering I'm hooked up to an IEM. SQ was very close to that of Poweramp but a hint of more top end detail. Stage was pretty much the same. Initial impressions were done playing thro' the Poweramp Beta, V10's stock player (guaranteed 32 bit 'sampling) & the Neutron. Will play on full size HP...

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #53 of 67
Big let down for me on Poweramp -> NO DSD.

NeutronMP has become a force to reckon with when it began support for DSD.

IMO UAPP is still king on SQ.

HibyMusic because its free and its ability to play DSD/SACD .ISO 

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #54 of 67
I have the paid versions of Neutron, PlayerPro, Radsone(DCT), UAPP and I have tried Hiby, Poweramp and a couple of others.
For me the best in sound quality is Radsone over UAPP by a small margin (the sound quality of both is more detailed and neutral), Neutron has a more fun sound signature with better low end (a bit too warmish).
I use Radsone straight with my phone and earbuds, UAPP with a Fiio E10 DAC, Playerpro when I'm using bluetooth (especially in car) because of the more user friendly UI and at time I like to use Neutron for 60's jazz records because of the crossfeed feature.

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #55 of 67
I like UAPP sound but dat interface and lack of formats support...
Looks like I need to do big work: split all images with cue to songs. Neutron playlists, other players with no cue support... Damn, ~120 Gb of music to move.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #57 of 67
I recently just got a OnePlus 3 and it's my first Android device. Neutron versus Poweramp has been on my radar for a while and it looks like Neutron edges out slightly. How do either programs compare to Foobar, which is free? I'm actually pretty happy with it minus the lack of metadata information you can see.

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #58 of 67
Foobar is free from interface, from format support (no .cue, no ape, problems with covers) and other features. Mp3 much better in Neutron. Can't say Foobar sounds bad in FLAC but dat interface...

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #59 of 67
Welp I bought Neutron player....and the interface is far worse than Foobar in my experience. I have a folder for music (all FLACs) and Neutron can't even detect it. I've been waiting on my airplane delay for 20 minutes and it has detected nothing after supposedly 'scanning' my device for files. Foobar sees all my files in an instant since it has super convenient folder file browsing like a Rockbox device.

Neutron:

Foobar browing by folder structure:

Sorted by Album Artist:

By Album:

At least Foobar can play music for me.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #60 of 67
Both needs manual selecting music folder. Neutron don't do rescan automatically – annoying procedure of finding Media Library in options, choosing folder and Rescan (better then Refresh). But it doesn't quit after tapping Back, easier to work with Media Library and faster return to main screen with controls than Foobar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back