Neumann NDH 30
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #4,786 of 4,909
I actually like the original, but having two already and the NDH 20 in black it would be hard for me to justify buying a black NDH 30! And the silver goes well with my headphone amp! 😉
My plan was to only buy this monitor controller to switch between monitor/HPA and two input source lol

RAM-1000_Front_low-600x615.png

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #4,787 of 4,909
Listening to Satoshi Takino as I type..

Granted that we already know my NDH 30 has been mod'd, the mids focused BHA100 has been doing wonderful things to the NDH 30 in those regions. I'm actually eyeing out on a supposed to be more "musical" (whatever that may mean lol) Italian tube amp.
... ?🤔🤪? ...
IMG_7674.jpeg

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #4,789 of 4,909
I have fun sometimes sitting in my listening chair, going back and forward between my NDH 30s and ATC SCM100ASLs monitors. The sound of the NDH 30s is extremely close to that of the ATCs. A remarkable achievement.

Not everyone would enjoy that sound presentation, I know, but for me clean, accurate, detailed and honest is where it’s at, even if I also sometimes enjoy a more entertaining (although less accurate) sound presentation, like watching movies with some closed back headphones.
I see a legendary Nakamichi Dragon there! Also more tape equipment, la crème de la crème of tape deck technologies! (Is that a DAT player at the top?) I had never realised in the past the sound quality capability of the analog tape medium until I listened recently to some metal particle tapes from my old collection, with the NDH 30. This headphone revealed sonic virtues very close to CD, although my tape player/recorder is a rather budget priced Technics and the tapes were made 30 years ago. Having the Neumann and the Lehmann as a reference system I must reverse the usual phrasing and say that the tape deck scales admirably with better headphones! LOL!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #4,790 of 4,909
I see a legendary Nakamichi Dragon there! Also more tape equipment, la crème de la crème of tape deck technologies! (Is that a DAT player at the top?) I had never realised in the past the sound quality capability of the analog tape medium until I listened recently to some metal particle tapes from my old collection, with the NDH 30. This headphone revealed sonic virtues very close to CD, although my tape player/recorder is a rather budget priced Technics and the tapes were made 30 years ago. Having the Neumann and the Lehmann as a reference system I must reverse the usual phrasing and say that the tape deck scales admirably with better headphones! LOL!
Indeed you do! DR1 on top of the Dragon. Panasonic SV3800 pro DAC on the top of the stack.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #4,791 of 4,909
SIlver is fine, in particular since most cans already are black so enough black as is :)

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #4,792 of 4,909
SIlver is fine, in particular since most cans already are black so enough black as is :)
Silver is fine .... black is fineR .... 🤔👍:
IMG_7561.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #4,794 of 4,909
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #4,796 of 4,909
I like both finishes very much but my sensible side prevents me from also buying the gorgeous black one (up to now! ). I am sure that if I had only the black version I would desire the aluminum finish. Neumann has done a superb job finishing both NDH 30s!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back