Neumann NDH 30
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #4,546 of 4,939
IMG_4595.jpeg
Where did everybody go ? Is the honeymoon already over ?
In my case the honeymoon is never-ending! I like the NDH 30 as much as ever. These days they help me evaluate differences between cartridges for my turntable - too easy with the Neumanns. My record collection is not large though because I collect CDs since the early 90s.
I use and enjoy the NDH a lot but when I write about them I always repeat myself. I can only praise them!
Two things are worth mentioning however:
a. I return to my HD-650 periodically only to find they are still very enjoyable but are lacking in resolution, clarity and naturalness, compared with the NDH 30. Without such comparison they are still very fine headphones.
b. The earpads of the NDH 30, after more than a year of constant use, are still like new!
Ed. So are the cable and headband but I am a careful user.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #4,547 of 4,939
Nothing more needs to be said and so far no worthwhile replacement or upgrade path at sub $2k (there are a few lateral move options however)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #4,548 of 4,939
Took it with me on vacation
IMG_7024.jpeg

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #4,550 of 4,939
I also see no meaningful upgrade even to the sub $2K. as of now.

Listening to Keith Jarret now. I listen every night for 4-6hrs. From Tvs to news and music. The accuracy and natural sound of the voice are unparalleled. Voice is as real and sometimes had me fool that I am live at the show. (not heard the finals yet). The headphones looks like new still. No pads degrade whatsoever. Even the upgraded band from HD 650 looks new.

Here is my daily set up.

1705078310463.jpeg

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #4,552 of 4,939

Listening to Keith Jarret now. I listen every night for 4-6hrs. From Tvs to news and music. The accuracy and natural sound of the voice are unparalleled. Voice is as real and sometimes had me fool that I am live at the show. (not heard the finals yet). The headphones looks like new still. No pads degrade whatsoever. Even the upgraded band from HD 650 looks new.

Here is my daily set up.

1705078310463.jpeg
Lol..everything sounds good on Zana Deux

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #4,553 of 4,939

Here is my daily set up.

1705078310463.jpeg
I think if you look after them (i.e. don't drop them or tread on them!) there's no reason why they shouldn't look as good for many years to come. The build quality is actually extremely good IMO. Much better than my HD 800's build quality. They (HD 800) really need to be babied to maintain their looks. The NDH 30 was built for the harsh environment of a studio and are built like the proverbial tank! And yes, the pads, although often quite uneven looking, really don't seem to change or compress like the Sennheiser 6 series pads. Thank goodness for that!

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #4,556 of 4,939
I think if you look after them (i.e. don't drop them or tread on them!) there's no reason why they shouldn't look as good for many years to come. The build quality is actually extremely good IMO. Much better than my HD 800's build quality. They (HD 800) really need to be babied to maintain their looks. The NDH 30 was built for the harsh environment of a studio and are built like the proverbial tank! And yes, the pads, although often quite uneven looking, really don't seem to change or compress like the Sennheiser 6 series pads. Thank goodness for that!
I’ve been pretty rough with my pair and so far the finish is holding up superb. I wouldn’t go as far as speculating that Neumann went all out with hard-anodized finish but would probably believe them if they say so.
The silver NDH 30 will also and can hide dings and scratches better than the black version too if anything.
Does not sound "Evil"
You’ll turn evil quick once it’s start to crawl slower than snail lol 🐌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back