Neumann NDH 30
Jun 11, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #2,461 of 4,920
I’ll join in.. My little slice of audio paradise.
:thumbsup:.... dedicated seating with refreshment holder! :beerchug:

...me I need to make the effort to sit up when listening to the stereo.

Oh and to keep it on topic, my NDH 30’s are visible in the upper right corner of my headphone rack!😎
From here those could be HD630VB. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #2,462 of 4,920
Pity I live half way around the globe and on the other side of a large body of water, otherwise I pop round.
The internet really is a wonderful place....it's taken for granted today but when I started, and probably yourself, as aspiring musicians, audio/music enthusiasts a monthly magazine or 2 and a trip to the local stereo shop was all that was available to find out what was new in equipment and music, forget about up to date sharing of ideas with like minded individuals from all over the world.
(Just to add..relatively speaking home computers and then the internet were still decades away)

Just discovered this saxophonist from Belgium last night... you probably know him.....Yuri Honing.....: )
https://tidal.com/browse/artist/4165901

Currently enjoying this.
https://tidal.com/browse/album/82218192
Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 1.25.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #2,466 of 4,920
Yes, it's real wood. Birch I think. The rugs are new. Bigger and thicker than the old ones. More comfortable and better room damping. It's a nice place to be! :)
Congratulations. One of the most beautiful floors I have seen in my life. Not sure if is appropriate for a house near the sea but still is astonishingly beautiful. Maybe the ndh30 play even better in this environment...:)

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #2,470 of 4,920
Surge protection and AC filtering?
Mains conditioners. it's basically a 500VA toroidal isolation transformer. Probably not necessary here in Finland where we live, but they did make a difference when I was living in London! Lots of interference and DC on the mains current there.
No surge protection though. When there is a lightning storm I disconnect those from the mains sockets behind them.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #2,471 of 4,920
Love your listening room Mike F.

I'll have impressions of the NDH30 soon. I need to get a feel for the sound before I chime in.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,473 of 4,920
Nice..like a breath of fresh air....and no computers or EQ?
There is this place though! Disappointed with the drop in sound quality of the HDVD 800 with the USB connection in the house it’s back out in the studio again. I decided on a small one box solution for the iMac in the house so I've just ordered a Topping DX3 pro+. I expect that it measures better (the DAC at least) than the HDVD 800, but won't sound as good, but for the price will be more than adequate for that application. We'll see......!

953A16E6-C3EF-4ECB-94A7-A0327B42155C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back