Neumann NDH 20
Dec 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #541 of 830
And so are you....
Will you repeat it again, next time you post? I think you will.
You keep repeating what 3 others have said, vs a Thread that is months long that does not in any regard generally or specifically evaluate the headphones bass response as you and the other 3 here want to announce.
Just accept that your graph is a misfire and your hearing is apparently in need of a treble check up. ????????????????????????????????????
These headphones are designed to be reference grade studio monitors created by Senn and a German company that is highly esteemed for making some of the best microphones ever created since the history of TIME regarding ACCURACY.
So, they created their Neumann's with the help of Senn, to represent a very good idea of sonic neutrality, and they do it well.
Perfect ??? Nope. nothing is perfect.
But compared to something like the Audeze LCD1 which proclaims itself to be a neutral reference gear, the Neumann is about 10x more accurate, sonically speaking.
You and your 3 seem to be describing what months of commentary on this Thread deny.....so, good job.
I didn't read a whole thread I admit. If you did, and even collected such statistics then you're much more obsessed with this headphone than I thought.
I just happened to read/listen to a few reviewers recently when this model popped on my radar.
Only one of those I heard/listened stated these to be neutral, all the others say the bass is elevated, and some also say mid area is recessed.
I brought 4 graphs from 4 different sources, and you still state that there's a mistake? A conspiracy theory against your favorite headphone?
BTW, what's with the treble check up, and all those question marks? Keyboard issues? Or anger control issues?

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #542 of 830
Apparently there are some confused listeners here on the Thread, who have Graph lust obsession, and who are evaluating the Bass response of this Gear, not related to the gear but related to the music they are using.
The reality is, its as ive said, and as you are informing......this set of headphones is not bass heavy, or bass boosted. But if your music is, then yes, so will your headphones be also....:)

Hi @FullBright1,

As always, well said. :)

Sadly, like you, I am well aware of the measurement & graph obssessed crowd, though they tend not to be as bad as the sheep despite being almost neck & neck but that's a whole other story...

Anyway, as said, people just don't know what they actually want, let alone need...
This is why I always say when evaluating gear, don't just use music...

Keep being amazing & gracious with insight ! :) :)

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #544 of 830
Hi @FullBright1,

As always, well said. :)

Sadly, like you, I am well aware of the measurement & graph obssessed crowd, though they tend not to be as bad as the sheep despite being almost neck & neck but that's a whole other story...

Anyway, as said, people just don't know what they actually want, let alone need...
This is why I always say when evaluating gear, don't just use music...

Keep being amazing & gracious with insight ! :) :)

Ah sure.
I love having fun here...
As you know...
Ive been looking at the RME.
Maybe i'll own it soon....:)

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #545 of 830
actually speaking of which i'm glad we are discussing/arguing about ndh20's bass and the cans being neutral/flat or not instead of those early posts about this being hd630 ripoff or something .

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #546 of 830
Ah sure.
I love having fun here...
As you know...
Ive been looking at the RME.
Maybe i'll own it soon....:)

Me too, @FullBright1, me too... :)

Don't you already have the ADI 2 Pro or am I thinking of something else?
Or are you looking at the Babyface Pro 2?

My ADI 2 Pro FS really synergies well with all my gear...such a good choice.

Hope you are having a great day !

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #547 of 830
actually speaking of which i'm glad we are discussing/arguing about ndh20's bass and the cans being neutral/flat or not instead of those early posts about this being hd630 ripoff or something .

Very true, @headphonesaddict123, very true...

But while you say that now someone is bound to reiterate it eventually.

Oh well, life on headfi...

Dec 11, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #548 of 830
On my NHD20 I hear bass but it's not boosted. I hear midrange but it's not boosted. I hear treble that is not boosted but may lack that last bit of air and space up top.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #549 of 830
Even putting graphs aside, why is it so difficult to accept that there may be different opinions? The following one is from Sonarworks review:
"A very decent tonal response for a closed back headphone, no closed headphone coloration, but too much low end and scooped upper mids stop them from reaching absolute greatness".

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #551 of 830
Even putting graphs aside, why is it so difficult to accept that there may be different opinions? The following one is from Sonarworks review:
"A very decent tonal response for a closed back headphone, no closed headphone coloration, but too much low end and scooped upper mids stop them from reaching absolute greatness".
Exactly that. Different opinions. Subjective impressions. Some people just can't accept it.
Everyone might have different understanding of neutrality, yet some think that their perception is better/truer than the others. Keeps bugging me.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #552 of 830
Exactly that. Different opinions. Subjective impressions. Some people just can't accept it.
Everyone might have different understanding of neutrality, yet some think that their perception is better/truer than the others. Keeps bugging me.
It shouldn't bug you because at the end of the day it's all subjective. We like what we like.

I think some would say neutral is a headphone sound that simulates the sound of large speakers in a large room, others small speakers in a small room. Some might think neutrality is a flat line on a graph. For me it's equal amounts of everything but I could never be certain that I would recognize that when I heard it. More often than not, I just have fun with headphones and listening and when I'm enjoying the music, it's really all that matters. Like a good meal, there are different ones and different tastes depending on what you are in the mood for at that particular moment.

But the lucky person is one that finds the one headphone that does it all for them all the time.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #554 of 830
So .... after almost a year since the thread started , which one of us here is still keeping ndh-20 and listening to it? and after all these months , what is your opinion about the headphones? interested to start some banters here :wink:

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #555 of 830
So .... after almost a year since the thread started , which one of us here is still keeping ndh-20 and listening to it? and after all these months , what is your opinion about the headphones? interested to start some banters here :wink:
I still have and use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back