Netherlands meet, July 8th
Jun 14, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #136 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be awesome hearing the HE60! Never heard that one before. Hope you can make it..

It actually resembles the Edition 9 quite a bit. More polite maybe, though just as spacious and open sounding. Great, great control over acoustic instruments. I think you'll like it alot.

Jun 14, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #137 of 272
In that case, I'm interested in how the Edition 9 sounds too. There might be an opportunity to use my mother's car, which means that I can bring my NAD C542 also, but I can't promise anything because she doesn't know of my plans yet.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #138 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case, I'm interested in how the Edition 9 sounds too. There might be an opportunity to use my mother's car, which means that I can bring my NAD C542 also, but I can't promise anything because she doesn't know of my plans yet.
evil_smiley.gif

The great thing about the Edition 9 is that it sounds great (!) out of almost anything. Even from a portable amp and an iPod, it delivers a sound that's very close to top end home setups. I still think the K1000 is a better sounding headphone simply due to it's projecting soundstage, but if I needed a closed headphone and if I could afford it, the Edition 9 would be my pick. And because of it's ease of use, I think I'd prefer it above the Baby O' as well, though the HE60 does have more potential with better amps.

Which brings me to another question, Kees if you read this, how's your new amp for the HE60s doing?

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #140 of 272
Ah Rik, i saw the K1000 is out of your sig, congrats on your sell.

Hehe, something tells me that you are looking for a stock 650 so you can have the joy to balance it yourself
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #141 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah Rik, i saw the K1000 is out of your sig, congrats on your sell.

Hehe, something tells me that you are looking for a stock 650 so you can have the joy to balance it yourself
wink.gif

Yeah, it's sold.
frown.gif

And yep, that's why I want a stock one.
evil_smiley.gif

I ordered drivers today. Not the Jordans, though. For an entirely different speaker. Will keep you all updated.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #142 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It actually resembles the Edition 9 quite a bit. More polite maybe, though just as spacious and open sounding. Great, great control over acoustic instruments. I think you'll like it alot.

You made me even more curious! I didn't really dig the sound of the senns I auditioned in the past including the hd600 so really looking forward in checking out the 650 and he60. What you are describing sounds real good. Not the kind of description I would give to the hd600 so that got me wondering for real.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #143 of 272
Quote:

Yeah, it's sold.
frown.gif

evil_smiley.gif

I ordered drivers today. Not the Jordans, though. For an entirely different speaker. Will keep you all updated.

I don't know if it fits but congrats on the selling of your k1000. Hope you like the 650 so you soon will have a "replacement" hp.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #144 of 272
Quote:

I ordered drivers today. Not the Jordans, though. For an entirely different speaker.

....did the Picture on page 3 inspire you in some way ???

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #146 of 272
Quote:

You made me even more curious! I didn't really dig the sound of the senns I auditioned in the past including the hd600 so really looking forward in checking out the 650 and he60.

These are electrostats, a whole different ballgame!

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #147 of 272
Quote:

Yeah, it's sold.
frown.gif

evil_smiley.gif

So do you want me to bring some vinyl for that? You can't loan it though, I'm pretty anal about my vinyl, sorry.
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #148 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So do you want me to bring some vinyl for that? You can't loan it though, I'm pretty anal about my vinyl, sorry.
frown.gif

Well, sure, if you can!

Being anal about vinyl is a good thing, those black things scratch much too easily.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #150 of 272
Quote:

You made me even more curious! I didn't really dig the sound of the senns I auditioned in the past including the hd600 so really looking forward in checking out the 650 and he60. What you are describing sounds real good. Not the kind of description I would give to the hd600 so that got me wondering for real.

It's an entirely different sounding headphone! It sounds a bit like a less heavy sounding balanced HD-650, though with more control and definition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back