Need Your Help
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all,

I need to make a cable with 1/4" male plugs on both ends for a new Eddie Current EC/DC I've got incoming. The only cable with males on both ends that I have is a very long cord that I used on my electrict bass (bass to amp).

Where can I go to find the parts to make a nice quality (yet inexpensive) cord for my amp?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

'Dwebe

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 7
Try Redco for some 1/4" Neutrik jacks. I've had great luck with Neutrik gear. You can get quality, fairly priced cable from Vampire Wire.

Good deal on the Eddie Current gear, too!

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Redco for some 1/4" Neutrik jacks. I've had great luck with Neutrik gear. You can get quality, fairly priced cable from Vampire Wire.

I'd vote for the Neutrik plugs (not jacks) from Redco as well. Is there something wrong with Mogami 2534 or similar from Redco for the cable? I think not...

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the EC/DC, as I already owned the EC-01. I was almost in the process of building my own EC/DC, but the parts alone would have cost upwards of 140, so I decided to just wait and hoped for an EC/DC to pop up.

And luckily for me, a fellow head-fier was willing to just sell the transformer.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

I'm very partial to Eddie Current gear (and Craig, the person).

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into Redco.

'Dwebe

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 7
try this store,Dale Pro Audio - Broadcast & Field Audio, Live Sound + Install, Recording & Professional Parts, they have switchcraft and canare 1/4 plugs and its free shipping no minimum
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 7
I had heard about Redco from someone on this forum previously, so I decided to check out their website. They had a good selection and decent prices... then I realized they're right down the road from our shop!

Tucked away on a side-street that I'd had driven past many times and never realized their location. Anyway I stopped by today to pick up some cabling, plugs, and heat-shrink... all I have to say is they had great prices. Almost all their plugs were half the price than on mouser (Neutrik and Switchcraft).

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #7 of 7
+ another vote for Redco. One stop shop. I would go for the Mogami W2893 over the W2534. It's #26 rather than #24 gauge but it's a lot more flexible. check out the specs @ MOGAMI - Neglex Quad Microphone Cables They also have heat shrink and sleeving if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back