Need Urgent Help With FIIO X3 2nd Generation MP3 Player
May 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

music81

New Head-Fier
Hello.  I purchased this player after great reviews from this website.  Well, I can't get enough bass with this player.  I do not want to spend any more money just for this player.  I have tried all sorts of EQ settings and nothing is working to gain more bass.  Is there any alternative like ROCK BOX I can install for more bass?  Alternative Parametric EQ?  Their current Q setting needs to be more emphasized.  Headphone's I am using are SONY MDR 7520 (5 - 80,000 Hz, 108 dB) & 7550 (3 - 28,000 Hz, 108 dB).  In the computer, both headphones have lot of bass and do not need an AMP.  So its the player giving headache. 

Secondly, I put in 112 GB, 12,000 songs, 48 some folders worth of MP3's in my 128 GB Lexar SDXC card.  The player only read 5000 some songs.  How do I enable to read all of it?  I have done the update memory and the max it reads is 5k.  This is a big problem if it don't read more than 5k because I bought this so I can put all my music in there.  Any way to fix this with firmware update?

Thirdly, any song that you play and pause or shut off, it will remember.  But if you change the folder and play something else, it won't remember the earlier song you left off, so I have to listen to the whole folder again.  Any way to save those songs like COWN player does in its database at least 20 songs you can go through that have been played in past and will continue from there.  

So if you guys have any touch with FIIO people, please tell them to update a firmware and fix these issues fast because I am having hard time getting respond from them quickly.  Its taking forever and no help at all.  Before I toss this in a trash can or play catch with my dog, please help.  Thank you.  :)

May 15, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Since the X3 is so new, might want to try this thread for help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote

May 15, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 4
First of all, before you go tossing your nice new X3 2nd gen. into the trash can, you should seriously consider just sending it to me. :)

Secondly, have you visited the FiiO-specific forums for your specific issues?  Under the Sponsor Forums, FiiO has their own section of threads related to their products.  Also, there's the thread specifically for the X3 2nd gen. that you can read or search through for answers to any questions you may have about your player.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/180/fiio

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote

To bring out more of the bass in the music on your player, you're going to want to play around with the four sliders on the left (31, 62, 125, 250) in the equalizer.  You're going to have to raise those four sliders or lower the other sliders to make the bass stand out more, depending on what kind of sound you're looking for with the music.  This handy little chart shows you the frequencies and what each of them represents on the equalizer... http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

As far as the song limit you're experiencing, I don't believe this has been addressed, yet, on the X3 2nd gen.  I don't own the X3 2nd gen., so I don't know exactly where this issue stands among being changed sooner than later.  The limitation should be about 5800 tracks, but it is something that can (and I'm sure will) be addressed in a future firmware update.  Both the X5 and X3 originally had the limitation, as well, but were eventually 'fixed' in an update.

For your other issue, as far as I know, none of the FiiO players have the song memory capability that you're referring to built in to the software.  The player will only recall the position of a song or start over at the beginning of the last song played depending on how you setup in the settings.

Hope this helps.

May 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you ccfixx for your input.  I have played around with the EQ but still can not get the bass up.  It just do not have good bass.  It needs to have more like Cowon Plenue, with loads of EQ features.  I use Adobe Audition to enhance my crappy mp3's so I know which button to press for bass.  I am very good with Parametric EQ.  If this player gets something like that, it would be just awesome.  

The thing is, these FIIO guys don't respond fast.  So I thought since this place has good reviews and some of them knows the department, maybe they can send a word out they need a firm update fast to fix these.  I just bought the player and can still return it so that is why if they can fix it, will keep, other wise might have to look into other stuff.  The rating is just hyped up for this player.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back