Need urgent help after selling Pico Slim
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

LostMySelf

100+ Head-Fier
I had my Pico Slim for like a week before I sold it (I bought the regular Pico), and when my buyer recieved it he noticed that the input jack was loose/wiggly (was same for me) and also the volume knob was loose/wiggly (same for me).

Now, he wanted me to refund it, get the money from HeadAmp, then he's sending it out to HeadAmp from USA instead of sending it to me and letting me go through all the shipping hazzle, and then I pay him for what he bought it for.

So now I'm stuck with him making a PayPal refund request till the 15th of February and I don't even have the money to refund him, and HeadAmp isn't answering my emails about my refund request.

What is my guilt here, if any at all?

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 21
His statement in our conversation:

"The real issues is 1) that the input on the back is loose, and that not only allows the signal to cut out unexpectedly now, but indicates that it may very well get worse in the future and cut out entirely.  2) there is clear noise when the volume pot is raised or lowered. I could make a recording of it."

I didn't experience any of these issues when I had mine, just that background hizz with my SE535 but that's normal, I get that with the regular Pico as well.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 21
Justin, I am the original owner and the buyer seems to think I'm responsible for refunding it. But seeing as you're right, I guess it's up to him to repair it I guess?

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 21

Quote:
I had my Pico Slim for like a week before I sold it (I bought the regular Pico), and when my buyer recieved it he noticed that the input jack was loose/wiggly (was same for me) and also the volume knob was loose/wiggly (same for me).

Now, he wanted me to refund it, get the money from HeadAmp, then he's sending it out to HeadAmp from USA instead of sending it to me and letting me go through all the shipping hazzle, and then I pay him for what he bought it for.

So now I'm stuck with him making a PayPal refund request till the 15th of February and I don't even have the money to refund him, and HeadAmp isn't answering my emails about my refund request.

What is my guilt here, if any at all?

It sounds like you were aware of these issues prior to the sale.  Did you disclose them to the buyer?  Please provide the link to the FS thread.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 21
Nevermind, I think I found it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586497/1-week-old-pico-slim-silver#post_7990816

Why didn't you disclose these issues in the FS thread?

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 21
Putting my Pico Slim up for sale since I earlier today ordered the regular Pico. It's in new condition of course with everything included. Got no picture of it but I don't see a need for it. I could also include a Fiio AUX lead if wanted.

Seems it's not well past the 30 days, (if it was really only one week old at the time of the listing,) but seems like there was not full disclosure on your part.  If you knew there was an issue and it was within the warranty period why didn't you just send it to Justin and have him fix it?  If you assumed that the buyer would fix it if they found those same things problematic, did you check to see if it's transferrable? (which it seems not to be from Justin's comment.)

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 21
I didn't even know there was an issue, as I said they were just a bit loose and didn't have any issues with that.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 21
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586497/1-week-old-pico-slim-silver

http://youtu.be/CvOFQiPpG6Y

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 21

Quote:
I didn't even know there was an issue, as I said they were just a bit loose and didn't have any issues with that.

Yes you did know there was an issue, which you admitted above.  Specifically, you knew that the input jack and volume knob were "loose/wiggly," which you apparently did not disclose in your ad.  The purchaser complained about exactly those issues.  You should offer the purchaser a refund and have him send you back the Pico Slim.  Next time you sell something, you should disclose any and all known issues with the item even if they seem minor.

This one is pretty easy.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #12 of 21
Hi, Im also from Sweden.

Lostmyself: you should have disclosed the the issues with the amp, you knew they where there. Dunno if this helps, its even swedish law (Ive studied law), private sellers that sells used goods are responsible for product defects and responsible to repair, replace or refund (in that order, I think 30 days, dont remember) for malfunctioning products and cover all costs. UNLESS they mention whats wrong with the product in the first place and the buyer agrees to buy it anyway. 

I hope that both the buyer and you agreed to send it back for refund.

Try to settle for half the shipping costs for the buyer and see it as a learning lesson. Plz just dont do it again. If I was the buyer I would be pissed; Im expecting a perfect as new pico but instead I get a defect one. It would ruin my weekend.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 21
Wow, I'm getting totally bashed here. The volume knob was moving maybe 1mm at most around which I didn't see as an issue, nor did I think it was a factory issue. And the input jack was same there, I thought it was normal. I will not accept a refund since I don't have that kind of money anymore, and he can easly get a free shipping from me to send it to Justin and get it repaired.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Wow, I'm getting totally bashed here. The volume knob was moving maybe 1mm at most around which I didn't see as an issue, nor did I think it was a factory issue. And the input jack was same there, I thought it was normal. I will not accept a refund since I don't have that kind of money anymore, and he can easly get a free shipping from me to send it to Justin and get it repaired.

You asked for opinions and you got them.  Deal with it.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 21
But you don't need to be a dick about it, yes do you think I would sell a faulty product (why would it be faulty after having it for a week). There was no issue with the product except that the input/volume knob was A BIT wiggly which didn't interfere with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back