Need urgent help after selling Pico Slim
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
But you don't need to be a dick about it, yes do you think I would sell a faulty product (why would it be faulty after having it for a week). There was no issue with the product except that the input/volume knob was A BIT wiggly which didn't interfere with anything.

Except that according to your purchaser it does interfere with the sound. 

You appear to equate restating facts as described BY YOU and then giving an opinion that YOU ASKED FOR with being "a dick."  Further, you seem to be adamantly opposed to issuing a refund or doing anything differently from what you have already proposed.  So my question to you is: why the **** did you even bother posting about this in the first place?

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #17 of 21
This is why I prefer dealing with sellers who are A) older and b) not desperate for cash.  Older shippers will generally be closer to full disclosure with their listings (from what I have experienced) and, when refunds/proactive measures are necessitated on the part of the seller, they'll be more accommodating if they're not broke.

And Dinny, I think he meant to call you a DAC.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #18 of 21
I'm old enough, I wasn't/ain't desperate for cash. It's just I didn't expect this to happen.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #20 of 21
Just wondering if anyone else with a Pico Slim has this wiggly volume knob and input jack issue. For example, if I slightly tap the volume knob while placing another finger on the input jack i can feel the input jack slightly move, and I mean very slightly. I would say it is less than 1mm of wiggle. The same with the volume knob, is has very slight movement if I try and move it slightly up and down. But I hear no rattle noise at all.

I just noticed this problem after running into this thread. I must note that I don't hear any difference in sound quality after noticing this slight issue. I've owned it since October and have babied it since day one. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone else with a Pico Slim has this wiggly volume knob and input jack issue. For example, if I slightly tap the volume knob while placing another finger on the input jack i can feel the input jack slightly move, and I mean very slightly. I would say it is less than 1mm of wiggle. The same with the volume knob, is has very slight movement if I try and move it slightly up and down. But I hear no rattle noise at all.

I just noticed this problem after running into this thread. I must note that I don't hear any difference in sound quality after noticing this slight issue. I've owned it since October and have babied it since day one. Thanks.

Mine is a TINY bit wiggly on the knob - no issue.  Input jack is fine.

OP - Offer free shipping both ways and cover the repair.  Might cost you $50 or so, but would be worth it.  If the buyer still wants a refund, he has much less of an argument to make, since you have offered to make him whole on the deal.  You could also offer a price reduction.  This generally works out for me if I somehow overlook or understate a perceived flaw.  If that doesn't work, you might be stuck with a refund.  Bottom line is the FS community is a community of honor, and it only works if sellers make sure the buyer is happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back