Need suggestion for 300usd IEM
Jun 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shak85

100+ Head-Fier
Hello .

I want to buy a new set iem for about 300usd. I want sound to be detailed and have clarity . I listen mostly to rock and edm music. Fit is also important since i use the small foam tips on all the iem i have. So iem for big ears wont have a good fit on mine i believe. I have portable amps pa2v2 and c&c bh2 but most of the time i listen music on my laptop.So far i lean forward to etymotic er-4pt/4s but i m afraid of the fit because of my small ears. What else can you recommend me?

Thanks a lot :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 2
I've got Dunu DN-1000 and enjoy them quite a bit for electronic and rock music. They've got nice punchy lows and crisp highs. Mids don't get lost even though they're a bit v-shaped. Sounds like a better fit for electronic music than ER4, although it's been quite awhile since I've listened to those. You can pick these up used in the For Sale forum for about half the price you're looking to spend.

I've heard the DN-2000 are a bit more extended on either end and have a flatter frequency response. They're also about $300, so they're right in your price range.

When I was considering a ~$300 IEM, I looked at reviews and asked questions for both and decided to go with a pair of used DN-1000 for better price/performance ratio.

I've got small ears and use either S or M tips depending on IEM and find DN-1000 fit fine with Comply tips. If I use silicon tips, I have to wear them over ear, or they slip out.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back