Need suggestion, around 100 bucks~~~
Jul 9, 2007 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Vinlle

New Head-Fier
I like to hearing piano, symphony, and human voice.

So the soundstage should be good, and mid and high should be good, of cos, I need high detail of music.

I do not like to much quantity of bass, but should have good quality, fast, focus, deep,etc.

Is there any model can fit my request?

some guy suggest 240s, but 240s has poor bass performance, and some guy say its high is also poor.....

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 34
sounds like you will love the hd555s. Forget the peoples saying they sound boring. It seems like what you are describing. You should try to audition a burned in pair if can though just to make sure.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 34
ms-1's? sounds right about like what you're looking for.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 34
I didn't find the K240S to my likings but I do know they are favored by a lot of people.

Anyhow you should look into both the Sennheiser HD555 and eH350. The 555 has a laid back bass response and decent mids and highs. The sound is signature-ly laid back.

The eH350 has instead tight, punchy, but held back bass, when the mids and highs are glowing. Soundstage is also decent.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ms-1's? sounds right about like what you're looking for.

MS-1, I considered it for a long time, then killed, because its soundstage is really poor, worse no soundstage at all./

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't find the K240S to my likings but I do know they are favored by a lot of people.

Anyhow you should look into both the Sennheiser HD555 and eH350. The 555 has a laid back bass response and decent mids and highs. The sound is signature-ly laid back.

The eH350 has instead tight, punchy, but held back bass, when the mids and highs are glowing. Soundstage is also decent.

thanks, some guy did recommand me HD555, but,,,e,,,I have bias on Sennhesier.... If it really fits my taste, I will love it.

by the way, what do you mean by "laid back bass", "held back bass"?

compare with 240s, the HD555, has a better soundstage, better mid and high, better detail, and better control of bass?^_^

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #7 of 34
Other than the large soundstage requirement, the MS-1 do sound like a real possibility. They fit all the other requirements quite well indeed.

Piano is great! The human voice can get you reaching for the facial tissues or a hanky! And all your other bases are covered....as long as you like standing up there at the podium with the conductor.
frown.gif

The MS2i opens things up a lot, but they're a bit out of the price range.

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like you will love the hd555s. Forget the peoples saying they sound boring. It seems like what you are describing. You should try to audition a burned in pair if can though just to make sure.

the only way I can gain access to HD555s is on-line.........

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Other than the large soundstage requirement, the MS-1 do sound like a real possibility. They fit all the other requirements quite well indeed.

Piano is great! The human voice can get you reaching for the facial tissues or a hanky! And all your other bases are covered....as long as you like standing up there at the podium with the conductor.
frown.gif

The MS2i opens things up a lot, but they're a bit out of the price range.

yes, MS2i is far out of the price range....

I took a long time to kill MS-1, you survive it again........

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 34
I tried some AKG K501 at the Toronto meet and they were really really great but they need an amp to drive them properly. They were quite detailed for ~$100 cans and had a huge soundstage and good mids. I liked them better than the K701. I considered it as a step up from the MS-1 soundwise.

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinlle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, some guy did recommand me HD555, but,,,e,,,I have bias on Sennhesier.... If it really fits my taste, I will love it.

by the way, what do you mean by "laid back bass", "held back bass"?

compare with 240s, the HD555, has a better soundstage, better mid and high, better detail, and better control of bass?^_^

HD555's don't have laid back bass, but a laid back sound in general. Some people find them boring, others do not. In comparison to the K240S the Senn's aren't as boomy nor as bright.

The eH350's have a tight, well maintained bass, but it's pushed back. It's not upfront or really shown.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #13 of 34
I had the 555s and the ms1 at the same time and for 90% of my stuff, i prefer the 555. Just more realistic sounding and spacious. ms1s are dry and boring in comparison

Jul 9, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the hd555s are a little bit dark on the high part to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back