Need some headphones for my needs again..
Dec 31, 2005 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, decided not to get the HD580's... b/c they probably won't have the "SLAM" I needed....

I need something for rock,electric stuff such as trance, fast-paced techno, some hip-hop stuff also.

doesn't matter if it is closed or open. Will be driving them off my audigy 2 zs for now and amp later on . budget is 150 bucks MAXED. I am looking at the ATH-A700 right now. cost 135 shipped. Any other suggestions?

O yah I would also like some nice bass extension too.

Dec 31, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 7
Grado SR-125 or 225 if you find one used. I really like the quality of the bass. But they might not have enough bass compared to the highs if you are a basshead
basshead.gif
though. Wonderfully detailed cans though, IMHO.
I don't have any experience with the AT-A700, so hopefully someone else can chime in.
~Don
rs1smile.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 7
yah.. back to square one... I really wanted to order the MS-1.. but it scare the crap outta me might having to wait quite awhile... and I tried calling alessandro so many times but never get a respond hehe...
confused.gif

AND, I wanted "true" Grado sound too.... Even though the MS-1 is very similar.. I guess it isn't as bright.. I like bright, and my ears use to be eally weak.. but now... they dont seem to get fatiqued anymore...if I dont change headphones often.. Soo...

Is there a big difference from the SR80's and SR125's? I heard the 125's were VERY bright?
confused.gif
I might just grab some sr80's and 414 pads...

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Am I missing the point? You want true Grado sound and you like brightness. Nothing wrong with this. Go for 125, forget about flats and all this crap. You can start "reverse pad mod" ..... later if you really need it.

I have the brightest in the family 325 (not i) along with 125 and very happy with the bowls. sr125 sounds pretty decent from pcdp, should be ok from audigy.

And yes, consider 225 used.

Dec 31, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #7 of 7
I just got my AT- AD700s two days ago and I am loving them. I wish I would have never gotten my HD515s arfter hearing these. Every little pluck of that bass guitar is detailed and felt. All my music seems so much more lively rather than dull. Also the ear pads are super soft and comfy, and for the size of the cans they are feather light. Granted I have the open version, I am sure the closed have a much different sound. Ive never expereinced grados, but they seems to have an awsome rep for rock, but from what I understand they are not the most comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back