Need some budget recommendations
Oct 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jtavrisov

New Head-Fier
So my NE-700X headphones have just lost sound in the left ear. I was going to watch an episode of Doctor Who but now I'm shopping for headphones v_v. Anyway I bought these guys around christmas last year so I'm a bit out of the loop. Whats popular nowadays in the budget category (poor college student), I'm thinking $50-$70 range. I keep seeing Brainwavz and Sunrise come up in my brief research period. Speaking of Sunrise, who's the best dealer for them? I had trouble locating a decent price for a pair.

I watch alot of TV/Movies while wearing headphones so some comfortable and with good mids is important to me. For reference I enjoyed the NE-700X and its predecessor the NE-7M, I did not care for RE0s however. I suppose I'm not that into a very analytical sound. I don't need phones that are as bassy as the Nuforces but I do like bass, especially hard hitting accurate ones not boomy.

Build quality should be pretty good. I try to take care of myphones but I drag them around everywhere I go usually in my pocket or bag.

Thanks for any help, I'd love to do some more research but I'm lacking alot of time so I need you guys to point me in the right direction at least.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 5
JVC HA-RX700 & RX900, headphones that will give you the Cybermen look.

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with Velour pads.

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
JVC HA-RX700 & RX900, headphones that will give you the Cybermen look.

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with Velour pads.

funny, I saw your post and I pretty much ignored your recommendation because I was looking for IEMs. Later on that day I started looking into fullsize cans and decided I wanted to try them for once. Funny enough I narrowed down my choices to the 3 you listed. Ended up buying the Panasonics and the Velour pads. Came back to check on this thread today and I saw that my circle started and ended at the same place lol.

Thanks for the recommendation, even though it was post-purchase it gave some validation.

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
funny, I saw your post and I pretty much ignored your recommendation because I was looking for IEMs. Later on that day I started looking into fullsize cans and decided I wanted to try them for once. Funny enough I narrowed down my choices to the 3 you listed. Ended up buying the Panasonics and the Velour pads. Came back to check on this thread today and I saw that my circle started and ended at the same place lol.
Thanks for the recommendation, even though it was post-purchase it gave some validation.

My HTF600-S and Velour pads will arrive on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back