Need some advice
Mar 18, 2011 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yzfr191

New Head-Fier
Hello all, this is my first post here Head-fi.

Learned alot here so far from reading, but I have a question of my own.

My last IEM's were a pair of Sleek Audio SA6's. And I loved them.
I really liked how balanced everything sounded and the clarity of the mids/highs without any harshness.

I wasn't too much into the sound "modification" aspect, but I did appreciate the ability to replace the cables,
a problem that has plagued me in the past.

(It's not that I'm rough on my gear, but I do move around alot, and have to put things away. take them out often)

Anyway, they're gone now (RIP) and I was looking to upgrade. I want the balance and clarity of the SA6 without sounding too warm, but possibly a slightly larger soundstage. I am looking into getting customs, and have a budget of about 3-400 but wouldn't hesitate to go to 500-600 if it is really worth it.

I live in NYC and don't want to fight the sound of the subway, it hurts my ears using anything that won't block sound properly. The Sa6 did a good job, now I am looking for something that will blow me away.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the response, I looked into those, and they look good, but what about some customs?

After doing some research and looking into some threads, the 1964-T's piqued my interest.
Can anyone compare those to the SA-6?

Thanks, just trying to learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back