Need some advice pretty fast.
Jan 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vic1ous

New Head-Fier
Alright, so I recently had to move my pc into the main living room where the tv/pool table is. I had my own little computer room where I used my klipsch speaker setup and was pretty happy playing games and watching movies, but all that has ended and now I have to figure out a good headphone/headset setup that will hopefully give me close to the same experience as I have been using. I play a lot of fps games and watch quite a few action movies. I'm using the onboard sound on my rampage iv extreme but willing to add a sound card internal or external. if anyone have any tips/advice on what I need please let me know

btw I have like $350 to spend but the less the better.

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 3
  Alright, so I recently had to move my pc into the main living room where the tv/pool table is. I had my own little computer room where I used my klipsch speaker setup and was pretty happy playing games and watching movies, but all that has ended and now I have to figure out a good headphone/headset setup that will hopefully give me close to the same experience as I have been using. I play a lot of fps games and watch quite a few action movies. I'm using the on-board sound on my rampage iv extreme but willing to add a sound card internal or external. if anyone have any tips/advice on what I need please let me know

btw I have like $350 to spend but the less the better.

Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphones or AKG K612 Pro 120-Ohm headphones, both sell currently for $200.
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60-$90.

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 3
  Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphones or AKG K612 Pro 120-Ohm headphones, both sell currently for $200.
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $60-$90.

I'm sorry i'm very new to this. Would I need a external amp to power those headphones? and what kind of bass/sound quality can I expect in movies with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back