Need Serious Advice
Mar 14, 2010 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

mmd8x28

100+ Head-Fier
I'm literally sick to my stomach right now over this. Nothing like being called a shoplifter when your actually trying to pay for something.

Ok, I made a purchase to an album a week ago, for $12.99... Apple is telling me my PayPal was declined. However, everything checks out, my credit card is good, so is the bank account. All is good. I even checked my ordering some projector lamps online with PayPal, it went through fine. I used my banks credit card, which is what's on file. Accepted.

Ok, I told Apple that the problem must be on there end. I kept getting a runaround. I really want to pay them, but it's just not going through. I log into PayPal and don't see ANYTHING relating to iTunes, showing nothing went through. I threatened to speak to a lawyer, because this really doesn't seem to be PayPals fault, and Apple won't even call PayPal to see what's going on. I'm now at TEARS because I'm worried this is going to mess up my credit over a stupid purchase on iTunes, where the problem is out of my control, or I get in trouble for something like cyber shoplifting. I have the money, but Apple isn't biting.

What do I do? I emailed PayPal and haven't received a response, and fear that they'll say there's nothing they can do.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 22
I'm not sure I understand your issue. Did you download files that Apple failed to charge you for? Is Apple rejecting payment from your PayPal account? Are you concerned that Apple has detected a glitch in your credit history that could indicate a larger problem?

Perhaps try clearly stating the non-personal details of your case here: Community-powered support for Apple (You may have luck adding your issue to a public forum monitored by Apple.)

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 22
Apple says they tried to charge me via paypal but they said it was declined. I checked with paypal, and they tell me there was never any authorization attempt. Apple says yes they did, and they want their money now, in a nut shell.

I've NEVER missed payment, my credit is freakin awesome..

Apples own discussion boards have been deleting the posts I create. Something really just seems wrong..

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 22
Here's the email conversation. The 2nd from last email really sets me off, because of:
Apple iTunes Fiasco pictures by Evilweredragon - Photobucket

Quote:

Normally, you can update your billing information to a new payment method to pay off incomplete orders. However, since this order has already been submitted to Paypal for payment, this transaction will need to be completed by Paypal.

In other words, it MUST be through paypal, but paypal never received the order!

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 22
Maybe the payment just didn't go through. Give it another go?

I don't think Apple can delete topics at Satisfaction without a good reason, and even then I believe the deletion is logged and publicly viewable. Been a while, so I could be wrong.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 22
I tried multiple times, it keeps saying declined. Something is wrong at Apples end, it has to be. Because Paypal is working fine, so is my credit card.

I looked on Google, other people have had this issue in the past. Never saw any happy endings on it.

PS: I posted on said website.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 22
Are you sure there are no typos in the Paypal address? Your credit record isn't going to be destroyed by something so minor, I wouldn't panic.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 22
Everything is acurrate. Email address, password, etc, it's all good. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 22
I just tried AGAIN. Payment info, select paypal, enter my email and pass.. Paypal says it's complete, then itunes says paypal was declined.

Irritating.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 22
Don't worry buddy, you'll have plenty more chances in life to mess up your credit! Don't try to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. Just buy a music card and pay with that, and cancel every PayPal transaction (you don't want to try to pay through PayPay ten times, then in a week find out all the transactions went through).

Aren't there more important things in life to worry about than buying an album on iTunes? Say for instance, your next audio upgrade?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #13 of 22
Relax. This won't even show on your credit. I don't know what went wrong, but it is no cause for worry.

I practiced bankruptcy for a few years - this sort of thing is nothing to worry about.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmd8x28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple won't let me pay by any other source, they told me it has to be through paypal.

This here though shows Apple never billed a penny: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...at112951PM.png

So hmm... I told them cancel the paypal order and let me give them my debit card number.. hopefully they'll do that.

According to this picture you linked earlier, it gives you instructions on how to add a credit card to your iTunes account.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back