Need replacement power cable for I-trigue L3800
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MooTaters

100+ Head-Fier
A while back my I-trigue L3800 stopped working.  The only way to get them working now is to hold(/push) the cord into the AC adapter.  I've sent Creative an email about it and they obviously copy pasted something saying all parts come as a set, so they'd be unable to sell me a power cable.  I'd really like to get these speakers back up and running, but am not sure what to do.  Their site has said that other AC adapters with the same specs should work fine, but I don't want to buy from a site that looks sketchy.  Actually while typing this I figured out a temporary solution forcing the cable bent a way that keeps the juice flowing, but I don't think I'd like to leave it like this.

Specs for AC adapter is listed below.  I'm not sure the kind of plug it uses(to plug into the sub) except that it has a hole in the middle and plastic circular tip.
Model: UA-1450
Input: 120V~60Hz   1000mA
Output: 13.5V~5A

Any help would be awesome.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 13
http://faylist.com/surplus/adapter/creative_ua1450.htm

Protip: Google the model number.  Shoot them an email to see if you can pick one up.  Price isn't listed, unless it's $5.  <_<

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 13
I did google the model number, but most site I found I'd never heard of and didn't look so trustworthy.  Other sites were sold out.  Creative did say adapters with the same specifications would work, or at least here http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=6098 on their site they say so.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 13
They look fine.  Shoot them an email.  As long as you pay through Paypal, as a 'Goods' transaction, you're covered for the full cost of the item via Paypal Buyer Protection.  This counts for DOA devices aswell.

I apologize if my first post sounded rude.  Good luck with it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 13
Well they said they don't have any :/ but did also say to check azsurplus.com within about a month to see if they have restocked.  Though with the quality of sound these things are putting out now I'm not sure I care to spend the cash on them, but then again I can't be sure if it's just because of the power cord or not.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 13
Are you maybe looking to replace them, then?  I can't really help you with speakers, but, I'm sure if you start a new thread about speakers, you'll get some more views/opinions.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 13
Well sadly don't have nearly enough cash for good speakers, but might end up craigslisting these or figuring out how to get something off of them if I can't replace the power cord.  Heck even though I'm not a fan of best buy I may see about recycling these through them if they still give gift cards for doing that.

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Well sadly don't have nearly enough cash for good speakers, but might end up craigslisting these or figuring out how to get something off of them if I can't replace the power cord.  Heck even though I'm not a fan of best buy I may see about recycling these through them if they still give gift cards for doing that.

If you want quality speakers, perhaps it is better to wait until you have a better budget.
What are you considering spending? 

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 13
I guess what I posted might have led to some confusion, I'm not actually planning to buy speakers.  I was just saying I really don't have the budget right now to spend on speakers period unless they are really cheap(which probably wouldn't be worth it).  Being unemployed doesn't help, so I can only really afford to spend money to replace the AC power cable for my existing speakers.  Sorry for the confusion.  If anyone has a suggestion of where to get the same ac cable, or one with the same specs though that would be great.

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm having a REALLY hard time finding anything at that volt/amp combo.  Best I can come up with is HALF the amps. =/

I'll keep looking around, though.  You might be able to ask your local radio shack or something aswell.  Just look for the same output V / A.

http://www.unitedsale.com/YHI-YC-1067SOY1262P-AC-Adapter-135V-5A-Power-Suplly-for-DVD-Player-Brand-new_p_1204.html

http://www.kysanelectronics.com/Products/Detail.php?recordID=7640

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 13
Thanks for all the help.  Not sure if it matters, but would that united sale one be a problem since it outputs 67watts when it's a 48watt speaker system?

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
Thanks for all the help.  Not sure if it matters, but would that united sale one be a problem since it outputs 67watts when it's a 48watt speaker system?

I'm not sure.  I believe that because the voltage and amps match, it should be fine.  Maybe ask the guys in the DIY sub-forum, they'd be the best ones to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back