Need quick advice: PPX3 or SHA-1
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #31 of 40
Sorry to hear about the damage. Like Jpak, I think it may be the tubes. I think you'll be able to get it up and running. Does that mean you'll get the $600 and maybe have a useable Melos since you had insurance?

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear about the damage. Like Jpak, I think it may be the tubes. I think you'll be able to get it up and running. Does that mean you'll get the $600 and maybe have a useable Melos since you had insurance?

Yeah... it was the tubes... one was apparently loose.

There is still the visible damage though...

melos012.jpg

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #33 of 40
PM'd you with info on another one.

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be patient and look on Ebay and Audiogon.

Well, that depends on what USPS does. If they compensate me in full, ill try and get another one. If they only give me partial... I think I may just try to find a faceplate and hope for the best.

Jun 21, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #36 of 40
You'll need to contact the seller. The way it works is the sender (seller) will need to file the claims and they'll get their money back and then hopefully send you your money. Regardless they need to give you a full refund. Start negotiations through PayPal right away. You can start negotiations w/o filing it as a claim, that way if you have to file as a claim PayPal will be able to see all your conversations leading up to the claim and will have all the information they'll need to side with you.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll need to contact the seller. The way it works is the sender (seller) will need to file the claims and they'll get their money back and then hopefully send you your money. Regardless they need to give you a full refund. Start negotiations through PayPal right away. You can start negotiations w/o filing it as a claim, that way if you have to file as a claim PayPal will be able to see all your conversations leading up to the claim and will have all the information they'll need to side with you.

I won't be filing a claim... its not the sellers fault this happened. I have to file the claim, as I have the amp and the original packaging. I am probably going to head there tomorrow and see what they say. Guess I am not the first one to have this problem though...

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be filing a claim... its not the sellers fault this happened. I have to file the claim, as I have the amp and the original packaging. I am probably going to head there tomorrow and see what they say. Guess I am not the first one to have this problem though...

Let me know how it turns out. Last time I had something that was damaged when shipped via USPS they told me that the sender had to file the claim.

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Let me know how it turns out. Last time I had something that was damaged when shipped via USPS they told me that the sender had to file the claim.

Same here.
blink.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here.
blink.gif

On the phone, they told me to take it to the post office, so we'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back