Need portable Amp for Denon D2000
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ridfighter

Head-Fier
Hi, I have looked at previous postings about this questions and posted this question on the"Portable Headphone Amp section"  but havent come across the right answer, I planning to buy the Denon D2000 headphone and what portable amp will power this? my criterea is

1) budget around $150

2) I will only be using this Amp through my Iphone and Ipad

3) battery life has to be decent

4) portable

5)I like Bass

From what I read ,i have heard about Fiio but which model shouId i choose? the e7? e11? or e17? or what other amp will meet my needs?  would really appreciate if someone can help me find the Right portable amp to power the Denon D2000, Thank you so much for your thoughts, God bless you and have a wonderful day.

Rida

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 23
there are a number of threads comparing portable amps, however if your going to be on the move then the denon is the wrong headphone to buy. Leaks sound, and long cable. It is a good headphone though

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 23

Quote:
there are a number of threads comparing portable amps, however if your going to be on the move then the denon is the wrong headphone to buy. Leaks sound, and long cable. It is a good headphone though

Yes, he's right the Denon is not a good portable hp. They are many better choices for portable. Although I love my denon's dearly, I would never take them out of the house...EVER!!

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #11 of 23
I do understand that the Denon D2000 are not the most portable, the reason i need a portable amp is because once a year i take a 22hr flight, that will be the only time i will be taking it out of the house

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #12 of 23

Quote:
I do understand that the Denon D2000 are not the most portable, the reason i need a portable amp is because once a year i take a 22hr flight, that will be the only time i will be taking it out of the house

Once a year?  You might be better off just getting a headphone/IEM that plays well straight out of your DAP.   Lots more real-world flexibility for your money.  

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #13 of 23
The battery will need to last 22 hours or at least have fully charged extras so that your flying time is covered.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 23
wow now that makes things considerably more tricky. still that 3m cable will annoy you on a flight, and your music will annoy the people within 5m of you, especially if you like it loud.
Im not exaggerating, these things can be speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back