Need more METAL!
Aug 7, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #46 of 106
Aug 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #47 of 106
Well guys, thank you again for all this recommendations. I will keep listening to them all.

First some comments.

1) Gorod -Leading Vision- These guys are some inspiration! They are great. I have heard other technical metal bands, but this guys are on the top. And they are french!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
-Just some jokes that only I will understand-
2) Kiuas -The Spirit of Ukko- Great album. It is pure Power metal running through my ears.
3) Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape- There album is very unique. I like the combination of the guitar riffs with the vocals and all the elements that appear in the songs. You have to keep your "ears open" to find all the instruments that keep coming at you.
4) Kamelot -The Black Halo- This guys do great music. They know how to sing, how to add good riffs, ... Even so they remind me of other bands, and I get bored about them pretty easy. But they are still nice. (Not too much re playability IMO)
5) Ikuinen Kaamos -The forlom- Haven't had too much time to make some solid ideas on this, but they are definitely my style. Like the vocals a lot.
6) Corrupted -El mundo frio- Haven't had time to listen to a 1 hour and 12 minute track more than once, but I will have to. Definitely they are something different.

For the rest of the bands I will keep listening to them when I have time. There is just so much to listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #49 of 106
Mayhem and Darkthrone. Why haven't these two been mentioned already?

Two essential black metal albums to be herd, representing the very beginning of this genre, is:

Mayhem – De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (does Death, Euronymous and Varg Vikernes say you anything?)

and

Darkthrone – A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #50 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mayhem and Darkthrone. Why haven't these two been mentioned already?

Two essential black metal albums to be herd, representing the very beginning of this genre, is:

Mayhem – De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (does Death, Euronymous and Varg Vikernes say you anything?)

and

Darkthrone – A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Thank you for those. Will definitely check them out!

Death does tell me a lot
smily_headphones1.gif
, the other two no.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #52 of 106
^Then nope, he doesn't tell me anything
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #53 of 106
I just got ahold of Lykathea Aflame and WOW, this is good stuff!!! Thanks guys!

A few I would recommend checking out (some if not most of this has probably already been mentioned lol, I saw tons of good suggestions listed while scanning through):
Communic
Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor
Eluveitie - Slania
Enslaved
Forest Stream - Tears of Mortal Solitude
Martyr
Mercenary
Ne Obliviscaris
Seventh Wonder

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #54 of 106
Not as into the Death/black/doom metal but heres my suggestions

Parkway Drive - Horizons (these guys no how to write some wicked guitar licks, just check out the intro to the song Breaking Point for a taste)
All That Remains - Fall of Ideals (no standouts here cause the whole album is so good from start to finish, amazing guitars and drums)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal (some others have recommended this one too, id say my favorite if i had to pick would be Deathmask Divine)
Dethklok - Dethalbum ( now i know what youre saying, a tv show band??? theyve got amazing technical talent, particularly in the guitar where small's who graduated with a degree in technical guitar can seriously shred, favorites would be go forth and die, thunderhorse, go into the water, and Awaken)

check those out and let me know what you think. love spreading the metal love!

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #55 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not as into the Death/black/doom metal but heres my suggestions

Parkway Drive - Horizons (these guys no how to write some wicked guitar licks, just check out the intro to the song Breaking Point for a taste)
All That Remains - Fall of Ideals (no standouts here cause the whole album is so good from start to finish, amazing guitars and drums)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal (some others have recommended this one too, id say my favorite if i had to pick would be Deathmask Divine)
Dethklok - Dethalbum ( now i know what youre saying, a tv show band??? theyve got amazing technical talent, particularly in the guitar where small's who graduated with a degree in technical guitar can seriously shred, favorites would be go forth and die, thunderhorse, go into the water, and Awaken)

check those out and let me know what you think. love spreading the metal love!

Already had dethklok. Didn't like them too much. But I have to admit some of their songs had nice guitar riffs.

TBDM, already have both albums. They have some kick ass songs.

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #56 of 106
I haven't seen these mentioned yet...

Protest the Hero - The Fortress, I don't have Kezia, but I hear it's good
The Human Abstract - Nocturne
Silent Civilian - A Call to Arms

I guess there's no love for the Christian Metal? Here goes...

August Burns Red - Messengers, Constellations - AWESOME drummer
As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security, An Ocean Between Us
Becoming the Archetype - ALL
Norma Jean
The Showdown - Back Breaker
War of Ages

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #57 of 106
^Thanks for the bands, xBones.

For christian metal you might have heard of Demon Hunter. They have some nice songs, but I don't classify them as good albums, though. Might be good for you, though.

I have heard Kezia, not bad. The recording seems to be good, though.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #58 of 106
I don't have any Demon Hunter CDs, but I've got a couple DVDs with a few of their videos, and they're cool. But I've not been impressed enough by the other stuff I've heard to go buy their CDs.

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #59 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by xBones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen these mentioned yet...

Protest the Hero - The Fortress, I don't have Kezia, but I hear it's good
The Human Abstract - Nocturne
Silent Civilian - A Call to Arms

I guess there's no love for the Christian Metal? Here goes...

August Burns Red - Messengers, Constellations - AWESOME drummer
As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security, An Ocean Between Us
Becoming the Archetype - ALL
Norma Jean
The Showdown - Back Breaker
War of Ages

Kezia is better than Fortress, at least I think so. It's a much more coherent album.

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #60 of 106
If you care at all... You will listen to me.

[size=xx-large]I AM THE METAL AUTHORITY.[/size]

What you need is:

[size=x-small]Pentagram - First Daze Here: The Vintage Collection
Sleep - Dopesmoker & Holy Mountain
Om - Conference of the Birds & Pilgrimage
Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions & EVERYTHINGGG (AND EARTH - EARTH2)
Weedeater - ... And Justice for Y'all & Sixteen Tons & God Luck and Good Speed
The Melvins - Lysol
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone & Come My Fanatics
Orthodox - Gran Poder
Boris - Absolutego & Amplifier Worship
Bongzilla - Gateway & Amerijuanican (GREAT Muddy Waters cover on there... Not to be expected)
Bongripper - Hippie Killer
Pig Destroyer - EVERYTHING... Start with Terrifyer or Phantom Limb
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - This band is INSANE... I'd start with Agorapocalypse if you're scared. Altered States of America if you want the truth.

Ahkmed - CHICXULUB
Baikal - Baikal
Kylesa - Time Will Fuse Its Worth
Earthless - Rhythms from a Cosmic Sky
Toner Low - Toner Low
Samothrace - Life's Trade
Lair of the Minotaur - War Metal Battle Master
Witchcraft - Witchcraft[/size]

That's the most contemporary stuff I can think of at the moment (Except Pentagram, Sleep, and Earth... They just kick ass). That's as real as it gets.

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back