need in ear headphone recommendation under $200
Aug 5, 2014 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

raclimja

New Head-Fier
It been a while since the last time I looked at in ear headphone and I have no idea which ones are currently the best.

I currently have Phillips Fidelio X1 (Full Size Headphone) and Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10.

My source is FiiO E17 USB DAC/AMP.

One of my problems with my TripleFi 10 is that it is very hard to use properly in which it requires a very good seal on ears to achieve the optimal sound. It is also very uncomfortable to use as alot of the times it just pop out if I move slightly and it is unusable when I am on bed because the thing is so huge.

I purchased the Phillips Fidelio X1 due to tons of praise for it and while I found the sound quality to be very good, it is very uncomfortable during long extended periods of time as the Headphone is very heavy and I can feel it squishing my head after about 6-10hours of continuous use.

I don't like sound that is warm or have boosted highs (sparkly, and very treble).

What I want is an in ear headphone that is comfortable to use (it doesn't require a meticulous seal to achieve optimal sound), I can use in bed, have a neutral or bassy sound and under $200 if possible. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 4
HAVI B3 pro since you're using an amp.

Very neutral, massive soundstage and details. Sound when amp is a level above other great sub 100 iems (like tenore).

Sound is seriously comparable to $300+ iems. This statement is thrown around a lot but the habits are the first IEM it really rings true to me about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back