Need help
Nov 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NostoK

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post, i need some suggestion.

I want to buy my first quality headphones, and I've been looking at a few forums, but there is a lot of brands and models and diferent opinions about any of them.

Recently I found on amazon the AKG k242 hd, for 102€. I think this is a good price.

If someone could suggest me other options (100-150€) i would be grateful.

I lisent mostly rock, allways in my pc (i´m considering buy an soundcard asus xonar dg)

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hello, this is my first post, i need some suggestion.

I want to buy my first quality headphones, and I've been looking at a few forums, but there is a lot of brands and models and different opinions about any of them.

Recently I found on Amazon the AKG K242HD, for 102€. I think this is a good price.

If someone could suggest me other options (100-150€) i would be grateful.

I listen mostly to rock, always in my PC (I´m considering buy an sound card Asus Xonar DG)

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

Thomann sells the AKG K242HD for 95 Euros.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Thomann sells the AKG K242HD for 95 Euros.

thomann has good prices, but I´m in Spain and the shipping costs are arround 20€...
frown.gif

Do you have the AKG K242HD? do you recomend it?

Anyway, thanks for telling me ( and thanks HyenaPrime, i´m reading about the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro)

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 6
My mistake, thomann includes the shipping costs in the price, so the akg 242 HD really cost 95 €, thanks purpleangel!

Quote:
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro

In other forum someone recomend me the DT990, same cost than the DT770 in thomann Ther is any significative diferences between them apart the open/closed design?

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
My mistake, thomann includes the shipping costs in the price, so the AKG 242 HD really cost 95 €, thanks Purpleangel!

In other forum someone recommend me the DT990, same cost than the DT770 in Thomann Ther is any significative difference between them apart the open/closed design?

The DT990 would be a good choice, but as you using the Xonar DG, the volume needs to be maxed out to decently drive the 250-Ohm DT990.
Where as the AKG K242HD are only 55-Ohm and easier for the Xonar DG to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back