Need help with vsonic IEMs ( GR06 , GR02 Bass , VSD1 )
Nov 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ooo137ooo

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone

i was planning on getting a nice IEM -not too expensive though- from my search i decided on getting the vsonic VSD1 , however with further search i decided i get the GR02 Bass as well , i was waiting for the LMUE price drops and here they are so i am ordering , but then i found the GR06 at a good price so i am asking; i can get two headphones with the current prices, which ones are better as a first good IEM

1) GR06 + VSD1 for 88 USD

or

2) Gr02 Bass + VSD1 for 71 USD

i listen to: electronic music , classical music , orchestral music , Reggaeton , symphonic metal + some pop,rap&rock

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Why not put a bit more (ok, more than a bit) and get one good IEM - GR07BE instead of getting 2 budget ones?

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 8
  Why not put a bit more (ok, more than a bit) and get one good IEM - GR07BE instead of getting 2 budget ones?

actually i dont want to be disappointed i want to start it slow and know my preference first by trying budget IEMs before investing in a more expensive one that might not be what i expected or needed. i want to hear the cheaper ones so i can understand the comparisons people do here, and who knows maybe one of these budget ones hits the spot for me :)

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 8
I probably will agree with you. It's important that you know the type of signature you like, then the next time you upgrade you can ask around for IEM's that are similar to your liking. I made a mistake with the Tpeos H-100. I don't like V shaped signature and prefer the warm & sweet type of signature. That's why I love the GR07BE.

Anyway I would go for option 1, then I can have one over-the-ear and one cable down design.

That GR06 looks very similar to the GR07. I wonder if they also have the bio-cellulose driver.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmmm...I have a soft spot for the GR02 Bass since that was the first Vsonic item I bought. It performs well for most genres for me except classical. As for the VSD1, I can't comment on it since I've yet to listen to it.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 8
  Hmmm...I have a soft spot for the GR02 Bass since that was the first Vsonic item I bought. It performs well for most genres for me except classical.

Anyway I would go for option 1, then I can have one over-the-ear and one cable down design.

That GR06 looks very similar to the GR07. I wonder if they also have the bio-cellulose driver.

i am leaning toward the second option as these will be more different signatures as the VSD1 is advertised as 80% of the GR07 , and the GR06 is also closer to the GR07 , so i dont want to get two similar headphones i rather have the diversity to serve my goal in deciding my prefered signature , also the VSD1 can be used as around the ear which what i intend to do

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 8

i am leaning toward the second option as these will be more different signatures as the VSD1 is advertised as 80% of the GR07 , and the GR06 is also closer to the GR07 , so i dont want to get two similar headphones i rather have the diversity to serve my goal in deciding my prefered signature , also the VSD1 can be used as around the ear which what i intend to do

The only problem is the high price for me (about 170$). Its beyond my limits!

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back