Need help with Superlux 668Bs and pairing them up with a soundcard.
Oct 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Did you give them proper burn-in? The highs gets tamed after some time.

As for the source, I'm currently using a FiiO E17, and I like the sound I get out of my 668B when I pair them with it (I got an ASUS Xonar Phoebus soundcard in my PC, and I prefer the sound of the E17).

I don't really know how to give them burn-in. I left them play various tracks at regular sound level for 5 hours twice, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

As for the E17, it's quite expensive here in France (~ 120€). I probably won't be able to afford it.

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm not sure how you bought 668Bs without hearing about their potential sibilance issues. xD

I have used my Samson 850s(Essentially a 668B clone) with my Xonar DX for over a year(and love them!). Yes they were sibilant when I first got them, but I got used to it rather quickly with the help of a little EQing.

I'm amazed to hear creative sound drivers don't come with an EQ, are you sure you just haven't found it? Anyways if sibilance really is the issue I suggest you buy a Xonar DX or DG, either are good, and tone down the 8k-16k range in the EQ, it helps alot.

Lastly I suggest you try to just get used to it's sound signature, harsh(but detailed) highs and all, because they really are beautiful headphones for what they cost!

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
I'm not sure how you bought 668Bs without hearing about their potential sibilance issues. xD

I have used my Samson 850s(Essentially a 668B clone) with my Xonar DX for over a year(and love them!). Yes they were sibilant when I first got them, but I got used to it rather quickly with the help of a little EQing.

I'm amazed to hear creative sound drivers don't come with an EQ, are you sure you just haven't found it? Anyways if sibilance really is the issue I suggest you buy a Xonar DX or DG, either are good, and tone down the 8k-16k range in the EQ, it helps alot.

There really is no EQ for the SB HD USB. I use the one on Foobar2k (an extra improved one, the original EQ sucks) but obviously that's only for that player.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 19
And so I got myself the DX.

First thing that surprised me is that the sound was fine from the start, while I had to make use of some TrueStudio whatever effect on the Soundblaster for it to sound good (else it sounded empty and cold as hell).

I reduced the high frequencies slightly with the EQ, and set the thing for headphones, but am wondering: Is there a difference in the sound I'll get from the front panel output? Currently have my 668Bs plugged into the back and didn't bother with connecting the AAFP 10-1 to my case's front jacks yet.

Also, I'm using the latest stable UniXonar drivers which I've heard were the best.
Any advice on settings and stuff?

Sorry for the necro, but I didn't want to make another thread on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back