Need Help With Headphone Setup
Aug 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Boombastic88

Head-Fier
Okay so here's my situation:
1. I'm in the market for some nice open headphones with enough bass for hip hop/rap (please make some suggestions)
2. I need to know if a Fiio e7 can power them alone or will I need the e7/e9 combo
3. My budget is $400

Please feel free to give your input!

P.S.- I just tried the Sennheiser HD201s today so I would like the headphones that you guys suggest to have AT LEAST that amount of bass. Thanks everybody!

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't know anything about the HD201's but I got the HD 598's as my first audiophile headphones and I love them, I listen to rap, electronic, and industrial rock, and they sound amazing for all genres and great for gaming and movies. The FiiO e7 can power them but I'd recommend getting both the E7 and E9 but you'll definitely be fine with either one.

Edit: Also look into the Beyerdynamic DT880. They're semi open and have good bass. If bass is your top priority I'd say you should go with closed headphones (DT770)

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 9
Ultrasone Pro 2900..
Amazing bass,almost identical like it's closed brother Pro 900 with no recessed mids and nice soundstage..
Highly recommended...

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Thank you sooo much. This helps a ton. I was considering the hd598 but then I read they might be a little bass light so I jumped to the hd650's which I really can't afford. But as long as I can hear all of the bass all of the time I'll be more than satisfied. Plus mids and treble are just as important to me as bass. Do you think the hd598 can do that?

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 9
The HD 598's are very well rounded. They have great bass (Although your headphones won't be vibrating). They pick up everything that's in the song. Probably one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi and definitely the most popular with new Audiophiles.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
The HD 598's are very well rounded. They have great bass (Although your headphones won't be vibrating). They pick up everything that's in the song. Probably one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi and definitely the most popular with new Audiophiles.

I don't think that he wants an all arounder..
He stated a specific genre of music...
All arounders just make all genres sound o.k.
There are cans out there that really shine with certain genres..

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 9
I actually am looking for an all arounder. I should've made that clear because I'll listen to anything. I'm just worried that I won't be able to hear all of the bass because I've had no experience with open cans whatsoever. Sadly, the highest quality headphone I've tried is the Beats Pro which actually is really good sounding. But does anybody know how the bass boost feature is on the e7?

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I actually am looking for an all arounder. I should've made that clear because I'll listen to anything.

I rest my case here...
confused.gif

Good luck on your quest..

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
But does anybody know how the bass boost feature is on the e7?

It depends on the headphones IMO. The bass boost function does deliver a tight bass response, with my A900's and HD25's.  I usually set it to 1 or 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back